2022 Playoffs: Round One Chat

RaidersAreOne

Thing about the Niners is that they really only do this to the Rams. Shanahan seems to only be able to get it up for McVay.

Against teams not named the Rams:

8-7 - point differential +38 (almost all of this coming from their wins against the Jags and Titans)

Record against the NFC West - 0-4

Record against playoff teams - 2-4 (two wins - Eagles and Bengals - Eagles before they caught fire)

Against teams named the Rams:

2-0 - point differential +24

Record against the NFC West - 2-0

Record against playoff teams - 2-0

So basically, bet BIG money on Dallas. Especially because we'd love to see them beat Dallas and GB. Even with how tough of a match up they are, would rather them take out Green Bay in case we win a few playoff games.

25 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Thing about the Niners is that they really only do this to the Rams. Shanahan seems to only be able to get it up for McVay.

Against teams not named the Rams:

8-7 - point differential +38 (almost all of this coming from their wins against the Jags and Titans)

Record against the NFC West - 0-4

Record against playoff teams - 2-4 (two wins - Eagles and Bengals - Eagles before they caught fire)

Against teams named the Rams:

2-0 - point differential +24

Record against the NFC West - 2-0

Record against playoff teams - 2-0

So basically, bet BIG money on Dallas. Especially because we'd love to see them beat Dallas and GB. Even with how tough of a match up they are, would rather them take out Green Bay in case we win a few playoff games.

If you're betting big money on the Cowboys, it should be almost entirely based on the fact that Jimmy will likely give the ball to them a couple of times. Win or no, his throws certainly didn't look great all the time yesterday and I think his thumb is probably still bothering him. Yesterday was probably the best we have ever seen Jimmy play when he's hurt and that was pretty bad at times. 

14 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I think this one could be good TBH. 

The Raiders D-line could wreck that offense

I agree.  And for our fan base's sake, we need to win.  Beating the raiders would bring this horrible playoff winless stretch full circle.  It started in the divisional round with as loss to the raiders that ended Bo Jackson's career.  

All I can say is this.  i was a sophomore in college when we beat the Oilers the previous week.  I am retired in five years.  I literally have spent every day of my working life without enjoying a playoff win.  Please Joe, end the cycle.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The Bengals are going to slaughter the Raiders

The Chiefs are going to slaughter the Steelers

The Bills and Patriots might be a good game

Brady gonna slaughter the Eagles

Cowboys going to slaughter the Niners

Rams/Cardinals should be good.

So we're looking at 2 potentially good games, the rest being awful.

I think the Cowboys Niners game will be good. 

1 minute ago, INbengalfan said:

I agree.  And for our fan base's sake, we need to win.  Beating the raiders would bring this horrible playoff winless stretch full circle.  It started in the divisional round with as loss to the raiders that ended Bo Jackson's career.  

All I can say is this.  i was a sophomore in college when we beat the Oilers the previous week.  I am retired in five years.  I literally have spent every day of my working life without enjoying a playoff win.  Please Joe, end the cycle.

All right. I’ll root for you to win if you root to lose the next week. 😘

I'm going with:

Raiders over Bengals. Cinci is cursed. Raiders on the other hand seem to have a horse shoe up their butts this season. 

Chiefs over Pittsburgh. It's cute that Ben's last game is a playoff game. Won't change the outcome.

Patriots over the Bills... Um I'm going to bet on Belichick. Never bet against Belichick in the playoffs.

Tampa Bay over the Eagles. Sigh. I really want Philly to win but It's Brady in the playoffs (see Belichick reasoning above).

Dallas over San Fran. It's in Dallas. If they get their offense going it'll be over pretty quick. 

LA Rams vs the Cards... another hard one. Going with the home team. 

MC

4 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

All right. I’ll root for you to win if you root to lose the next week. 😘

No guarantee that we play each other tho.  You will play the lowest remaining seed, not necessarily the 4/5 winner.

Honestly, if we end this playoff rut, I'm ecstatic with the season.  Losing after that would hurt.... for a few hours.

• Like 1