Wild Card Weekend GDT: Raiders (10-7) @ Bengals (10-7) - You Wanna Talk About Playoffs!?!?!?

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • ***** Cats
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

43 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

A top 10 RB who has averaged sub 4.0 YPC over the last two seasons LOL.  Give me a break.  

Renfrow a top 15 WR....  I can't make this garbage up.  The guy is a limited slot WR and you peg him as a top 15 NFL WR.  I can name 20 WR's off the top of my head I would take over him.  Insanity

What’s funny is that the O-line is an issue when it comes to Carr for you. But no excuse for Jacobs having a limited O-line.

A limited slot WR? Lmao. What are you watching? 100+ catches , 1000s and 9 TDs. He’s one of the toughest WRs to guard in the NFL. It is highly possible he takes another leap next season. Considering his numbers have improved every year. 

Hunter is a best WR on nearly half the teams in the NFL. Ravens, Eagles, Patriots,Giants, Jets, Dolphins, Texans, Jaguars, Panthers, Falcons, Broncos, Browns. All do not have a WR better than Renfrow 

Edited by bucksavage1

14 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

What’s funny is that the O-line is an issue when it comes to Carr for you. But no excuse for Jacobs having a limited O-line.

A limited slot WR? Lmao. What are you watching? 100+ catches , 1000s and 9 TDs. He’s one of the toughest WRs to guard in the NFL. It is highly possible he takes another leap next season. Considering his numbers have improved every year. 

Hunter is a best WR on nearly half the teams in the NFL. Ravens, Eagles, Patriots,Giants, Jets, Dolphins, Texans, Jaguars, Panthers, Falcons, Broncos, Browns. All do not have a WR better than Renfrow 

Renfrow will never start on the outside, that is what I mean by a limited slot WR.  He also benefits from Carr and not having anything competent on the outside.  He is force fed balls and having him as "our #1 Wr" as you point out has killed us in the redzone because he is limited.

I also disagree that he is the best WR on the teams you mentioned.  Are you basing your evaluation solely on stats or do you actually watch football?  Most of the teams you mentioned are hampered by poor QB play and any GM in their right mind would take D. Smith, Waddle, Cooks, DJ Moore, Ridley, Sutton etc over Renfrow.  

I have also gone into great detail about Jacobs in prior posts.  I like Jacobs, he runs hard and has good vision but he lacks explosiveness both straight line and laterally.  The lack of straight line speed was apparent yesterday when an elite back would have taken that run to the house.  He had a 10 yard lead on the whole D and was caught from behind.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

i like renfrow but he’s not better than smith,waddle, sutton , 

41 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Renfrow will never start on the outside, that is what I mean by a limited slot WR.  He also benefits from Carr and not having anything competent on the outside.  He is force fed balls and having him as "our #1 Wr" as you point out has killed us in the redzone because he is limited.

I also disagree that he is the best WR on the teams you mentioned.  Are you basing your evaluation solely on stats or do you actually watch football?  Most of the teams you mentioned are hampered by poor QB play and any GM in their right mind would take D. Smith, Waddle, Cooks, DJ Moore, Ridley, Sutton etc over Renfrow.  

I have also gone into great detail about Jacobs in prior posts.  I like Jacobs, he runs hard and has good vision but he lacks explosiveness both straight line and laterally.  The lack of straight line speed was apparent yesterday when an elite back would have taken that run to the house.  He had a 10 yard lead on the whole D and was caught from behind.

All those WRs are debatable at best of being better than Hunter. Ridley is the only one I can give you credit for but he’s potentially retired now. Moore, Sutton and Cooks is a toss us. Renfrow is in that group of WRs if not better 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Cannot get over that final play call. The formation. The fact only 1 player was in the end zone. The fact Refrow and Waller were in the flat. The fact Carr had time and forced it to his buddy who wasn't in the end zone. The fact Carr forced it into blanket coverage. The whole sequence was just mind blowing awful.

The pass would have been short of the end zone anyway had it been completed to Zay. Awful play call. Awful execution. Awful OC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Renfrow can’t be good he’s only 5’10

48 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

All those WRs are debatable at best of being better than Hunter. Ridley is the only one I can give you credit for but he’s potentially retired now. Moore, Sutton and Cooks is a toss us. Renfrow is in that group of WRs if not better 

You are flat out wrong.  All three of those guys are saddled with poor QB play and they face teams opposing #1 CB's. Put Renfrow on the outside, match him up with a teams #1 CB and saddle him with a bum like Tua and you will see exactly what I mean by limited.  Once again no GM in the NFL would take Renfrow over any of the WR's I mentioned.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You are flat out wrong.  All three of those guys are saddled with poor QB play and they face teams opposing #1 CB's. Put Renfrow on the outside, match him up with a teams #1 CB and saddle him with a bum like Tua and you will see exactly what I mean by limited.  Once again no GM in the NFL would take Renfrow over any of the WR's I mentioned.  

You put Renfrow on the outside and you take away what he is best at.  It would be like taking an all pro guard and say lets see how good he is at tackle though.  Renfrow loses out on positional importance but I could just as easily say that all those WRs could not play the slot as well as Renfrow.  You could be right about the GM debate.  I do disagree that Renfrow is helped by not having good outside WRs.  He becomes the focus of the defense and has to play better because of it.  He may get more looks but for him to create separation and finish the plays is more difficult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

You put Renfrow on the outside and you take away what he is best at.  It would be like taking an all pro guard and say lets see how good he is at tackle though.  Renfrow loses out on positional importance but I could just as easily say that all those WRs could not play the slot as well as Renfrow.  You could be right about the GM debate.  I do disagree that Renfrow is helped by not having good outside WRs.  He becomes the focus of the defense and has to play better because of it.  He may get more looks but for him to create separation and finish the plays is more difficult.

You're missing the point in that Renfrow can't play on the outside do to his limited skillset.  

Renfrow is force fed the ball because we have nothing on the outside, that is a fact.  Show me one team that would want their most productive WR to come out of the slot and also how many slot WR's do you see drafted in the 1st round of NFL drafts?  That is because slot specific Wr's are limited in what they can do and don't hold much positional value.

Renfrow also faces slot CB's typically the third best CB on most teams, he rarely sees a #1 or #2 CB.  This helps his numbers.  Saddle Renfrow with a terrible QB like the ones mentioned above, let the teams #1 CB follow him around and put him on a team that doesn't pepper the slot like we do, which is 90 plus percent of teams and you'll see his stats fall off of a cliff.

Renfrow is a good slot WR but is also the benefactor of being on a team with no Wr talent, our outside guys can't separate and win which allows Renfrow to be littered with targets underneath as he beats up on a teams 3rd CB. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz