Broncos request to Interview Jerod Mayo.

BullsandBroncos

Jerod Mayo and Steve Belichick have been the defacto co-DCs for years. It's hard to tell who exactly does what but I think Steve has been calling the plays. I like Mayo, rather see him stick around in New England, but I don't know if a jump to HC is the right move for him. Then again, Flores was never really the DC either and he was successful with a really bad team 2 straight years. 

Mayo the player was one of if not the smartest guys to ever play in New England in terms of understanding the system and being the QB of the defense. It shocked no one when he emerged as a coach. He is also very well liked by players. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Dont want to be insensitive, but this screams Rooney Rule considering there is already like 100000 leaks about them wanting and planning for Dan Quinn.

Quinn would feel like such an underwhelming hire for them, IMO.

• Like 1

So tough to know exactly what BB assistants do, and whether they realise they can't just copy his culture and act like he does at a new destination because they aren't him. People stomach BB because he has the chips, you walk in and start acting like it to grown men then you are done for. He seems very smart though and is younger generation so should realise he has to act differently with players. 

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm getting old

I feel this. So weird seeing players you watched play start to get coaching jobs. That said, this would be an extremely fast turn around for Mayo to already be a HC after only being an assistant for 3 years.