2022 College Prospect Thread

germ-x

5 minutes ago, MontanaBronco said:

I watched exactly zero South Carolina games in the last two years, but was under the impression the offense was pretty pedestrian to bad. Numbers wise Rattler also looks pretty mediocre. What are you seeing? Not judgmental btw, genuinely curious. 

I saw a kid who lifted the terrible team around him much like Josh Allen did. And he did it against SEC defenses. His OL was bottom 10 in all of college football. The running game was non-existent which meant the D could pin their ears back every play. He had a legit #1…who was banged up. His other WRs were so bad the next 2 receiving threats were TEs who wouldn’t play for any other SEC team. 

despite all of that he showed growth after adversity. So many people who have been crowned as the next big thing crumble when hit in the mouth. He didn’t. Hes got great ball placement, keeps his eyes downfield even when scrambling, and can make all the throws. I don’t know if he can drop back. I don’t know if he can throw with anticipation. But I wouldn’t bet against him.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I saw a kid who lifted the terrible team around him much like Josh Allen did. And he did it against SEC defenses. His OL was bottom 10 in all of college football. The running game was non-existent which meant the D could pin their ears back every play. He had a legit #1…who was banged up. His other WRs were so bad the next 2 receiving threats were TEs who wouldn’t play for any other SEC team. 

despite all of that he showed growth after adversity. So many people who have been crowned as the next big thing crumble when hit in the mouth. He didn’t. Hes got great ball placement, keeps his eyes downfield even when scrambling, and can make all the throws. I don’t know if he can drop back. I don’t know if he can throw with anticipation. But I wouldn’t bet against him.

Good to know. Thanks for educating me. Didn’t realize the offensive line woes and running game were such issues. 

It sounds like we should have legit options at qb if we stay put or even move down in the draft. Will be interesting to see what happens 

• Like 1

I’m a Rattler fan too, assuming he has matured over an up and down college career. Watch the Georgia game last year. Throws a couple desperation INTs late after his defense finally breaks but he was making so many difficult NFL level plays in that game. He is more talented than a few guys who will go ahead of him. 

• Like 2

If the range for Amarius Mims is somewhere in the later half of the 1st, he’s an option I’d like a lot in any trade down scenario. Raw but massive and unbelievable movement skills. Pairing him with someone like T’Vondre Sweat after moving back up is my unrealistic favorite non-QB scenario right now. Just like the vision of bringing in two enormous human beings with the upside to create mismatches up front for a decade. 

• Like 2

While it doesn't seem to be a huge need on the list, was checking into Tyler Owens out of Texas Tech. He's already 6'2" and 210lbs but has speed in the 4.34 range. A former track star who ran a 10.29 100 is pretty impressive. He's expected to be one of the FASTEST players at the Combine. More of a natural athlete, he could be an interesting UDFA prospect, ST could use a player of his size/speed. 

Edited by Cutler06

12 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

Any good linebackers? We were quite competitive when we had great MLB play. I’m not understanding the idea of neglecting this position entirely.

Heard good things about Edgerrin Cooper out of Texas A&M, strong coverage skills, side-line-to side-line skills, good size as well as good speed. Looks like a 2nd rounder though

8 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

Any good linebackers? We were quite competitive when we had great MLB play. I’m not understanding the idea of neglecting this position entirely.

Unfortunately this draft is notably weak at linebacker and interior lineman. 

11 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

If the range for Amarius Mims is somewhere in the later half of the 1st, he’s an option I’d like a lot in any trade down scenario. Raw but massive and unbelievable movement skills. Pairing him with someone like T’Vondre Sweat after moving back up is my unrealistic favorite non-QB scenario right now. Just like the vision of bringing in two enormous human beings with the upside to create mismatches up front for a decade. 

Mims just can’t stay on the field. He’s like Becton who showed how great he can be in his rookie year then absolutely fell off due to numerous injuries. I worry about that with Mims. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

If we trade down, what players are yall looking at in the 2nd/3rd round range? 

WR looks to be a pretty deep position this year and I'm so far liking Ja'Lynn Polk. 

I love line play so that’s where I’ve focused:

Jordan Morgan, RT/OG, Arizona: Likely first round pick if he wasn’t coming off a torn ACL. Arms are a bit short which may push him inside, but looks great on the edge.

Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia: My favorite C prospect of the last 3 years. He could be top 10 in the league as a rookie.

Troy Fautanu, RT/OG, Washington: Smooth athlete. Day one starter. Another guy whose short arms drop him.  

Cooper Beebe, RT/OG, Kansas State: Smooth powerful player. Hear me if you’ve heard this before. Short arms likely move him inside and out of the 1st round.

T’Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas: Massive at >340lbs. The MVP of the longhorns. Has the ability to eat double and triple teams and still collapse the pocket. Lacks the burst to finish but will push the QB off his spot and be responsible for a lot of his teammates sacks.

Leonard Taylor III, DL, Miami: A one gap DL (5T in odd man fronts, rush DT in even fronts) with the ability to hold the edge in the run game and collapse the pocket.

Michael Hall Jr., DL, Ohio State: Better pass rusher but not as good against the run as LTIII.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I love line play so that’s where I’ve focused:

Jordan Morgan, RT/OG, Arizona: Likely first round pick if he wasn’t coming off a torn ACL. Arms are a bit short which may push him inside, but looks great on the edge.

Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia: My favorite C prospect of the last 3 years. He could be top 10 in the league as a rookie.

Troy Fautanu, RT/OG, Washington: Smooth athlete. Day one starter. Another guy whose short arms drop him.  

Cooper Beebe, RT/OG, Kansas State: Smooth powerful player. Hear me if you’ve heard this before. Short arms likely move him inside and out of the 1st round.

T’Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas: Massive at >340lbs. The MVP of the longhorns. Has the ability to eat double and triple teams and still collapse the pocket. Lacks the burst to finish but will push the QB off his spot and be responsible for a lot of his teammates sacks.

Leonard Taylor III, DL, Miami: A one gap DL (5T in odd man fronts, rush DT in even fronts) with the ability to hold the edge in the run game and collapse the pocket.

Michael Hall Jr., DL, Ohio State: Better pass rusher but not as good against the run as LTIII.

Hows the OL depth? Usually there's some dandies available in the 3/4th that just need some time in an NFL program to excel. 

8 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Hows the OL depth? Usually there's some dandies available in the 3/4th that just need some time in an NFL program to excel. 

A lot of good IOL depth. Mainly from the OTs that will have to kick inside (in addition to the above, Christian Jones and Delmar Glaze). There’s a few OT prospects with the length and athleticism who are raw (Amarius Mims, Tyler Guyton, Patrick Paul, Kingsley Suamataia, Kiran Amegadjie) but line play, especially at the tackle positions, is soooo bad across the league I’m seeing these guys who would normally go 3/4th round being mocked to the 1/2nd round. 

• Like 3