Whistlegate

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Oh so this is what people are up in arms about? 

Lol from what I see the whistle had no impact on the play. So what’s problem here?

It was a dead ball. The refs screwed up by accidentally blowing a whistle. Then they discussed it and chose to ignore the rulebook. Fans arent mad cause it changed the outcome but because this may have just started a precedent of referees ignoring the rulebook depending on circumstance

Just now, StatKing said:

The call was irrelevant in my opinion. Raiders had their chances to win that game and didn't capitalize. Simple as that. Jerome Boger had nothing to do with Carr throwing a pick into double coverage on the goal line.

The call is 100% relevant. The refs went against the rules.

• Like 1

Just now, biggie. said:

The call is 100% relevant. The refs went against the rules.

Bad calls happen. Deal with it and move on. Jerome Boger had nothing to do with Cinci scoring on every drive in the first half, that was the Raiders defense being awful. He had nothing to do with the Raiders scoring 6 points in the 2nd half, thats on the Raiders. They had their chances and blew them, Raiders have nobody to blame but themselves.

6 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

It was a dead ball. The refs screwed up by accidentally blowing a whistle. Then they discussed it and chose to ignore the rulebook. Fans arent mad cause it changed the outcome but because this may have just started a precedent of referees ignoring the rulebook depending on circumstance

Fans are silly lol. There are actually people who think this is gonna start a trend of Refs taking matters into their own hand? Be real. Bad mistake but it was inconsequential to the play, never mind the game. Nothing to see here. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I’ll put it like this and leave the whole mess behind:

If you think this is no big deal because it all worked out the “right way,” then you are admitting you are ok with the rules of the game being fluid. Therefore, EVERYTHING is up for debate and the league has an out on everything.  

That’s what you got from all of this?

1 minute ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Me, a man of culture realizing that if people weren’t going to talk about this play if the Bengals lost but instead realizing we would be talking about the roughing the passer call on the Raiders final drive had they won

It's aways a lose-lose for the refs. If they call too many penalties they are awful and slowing down the pace of the game. If they don't call any penalties at all fans complain about the lack dpi and holding calls. People will always find a way to blame them for their team losing.

6 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I found it very strange that NBC took a long time to even acknowledge/talk about the play. I rewound my TV a couple of times to hear the whistle again live before NBC finally showed the replay. There's a noticeable difference between the live version and the replay.

NBC delayed the sound of the ref whistle on their replay to make the error seem less noticeable.

Or were they just showing footage from a different camera? Sound is fast, but it's not that fast. It takes sound .15 seconds to travel the width of the field for example. Two cameras can capture the same footage and have time dilation for the audio due to distance.

35 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Let’s be real here Moehrig’s (closest defender to Boyd) reaction time wasn’t that fast and he was far enough away from Boyd he wasn’t making that play. That was being caught for a TD no matter what. Hell of a throw by Burrow. 

Let's be real here. The refs corrupted the game. I can't believe you believe this