NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

The rest of CBS' national slate should come with alternate broadcasts on Nick.

For example, in years where CBS has the Lions game on Thanksgiving, Jessica DiCicco can commentate in character as Lynn Loud Jr. from the Michigan-set series The Loud House.

Edited by pf9

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Leaf was a hissy fit directed at 1 reporter.

Dak encouraged and reveled in violence and when given a chance to backtrack he doubled down.

The video is there.

I can't think of another NFL player who has ever done that in the history of the league in such a setting.

I just read the last few pages because apparently I am a sadist, I want to stress I still think the comment was funny as hell. Dude lost his cool and popped off. He said something millions of fans have thought. Every single person in this thread has had a "GD the refs are so stupid I wish I could just slap the ish out of them" moment. Not that you would ever do it, but youve thought it. You are lying if you say you havent. Or maybe you will deny it to look pretty on a forum as if youve never been ridiculously frustrated before. 

Only difference is he let it slip...... and its comical. And yes, I know, its a horrible look coming from the QB. But thats why its extra funny. He is the last guy thats supposed to say it. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I just read the last few pages because apparently I am a sadist, I want to stress I still think the comment was funny as hell. Dude lost his cool and popped off. He said something millions of fans have thought. Every single person in this thread has had a "GD the refs are so stupid I wish I could just slap the ish out of them" moment. Not that you would ever do it, but youve thought it. You are lying if you say you havent. Or maybe you will deny it to look pretty on a forum as if youve never been ridiculously frustrated before. 

Only difference is he let it slip...... and its comical. And yes, I know, its a horrible look coming from the QB. But thats why its extra funny. He is the last guy thats supposed to say it. 

My thing is if its ticky tacky bs im right there with him on the refs, let em play football. But a lot of those penalties were egregious. Like Randy Gregory tackling an OL, or the delay of game because they sent out the punt unit on 1st down.

Or even that last play of the game and Dak not handing the ref the ball and handing it to the center. Like does Dak think hes allowed to spot his own ball because theres 5 seconds on the clock? Hes really gonna blame the ref for that? 

Very strange stuff

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Dak encouraged and reveled in violence

Eyeroll

By all accounts Dak is a stand-up guy. He did not promote or encourage violence. Reporter was obviously fishing for a reaction and got it and then felt self-important about sharing it and slanting it.

Dak is surely pissed at himself today for that failure on the field. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

My thing is if its ticky tacky bs im right there with him on the refs, let em play football. But a lot of those penalties were egregious. Like Randy Gregory tackling an OL, or the delay of game because they sent out the punt unit on 1st down.

Or even that last play of the game and Dak not handing the ref the ball and handing it to the center. Like does Dak think hes allowed to spot his own ball because theres 5 seconds on the clock? Hes really gonna blame the ref for that? 

Very strange stuff

Zero blame on the refs. They did a totally fine job for sure. That debacle (all 60min of it) was squarely on the Dallas staff and players.

12 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Very strange stuff

Oh I am with you. The Refs were mostly good the entire game. I do think that maybe they could have been more johhny on the spot with putting the ball down (I noticed it 3 times in the game, not just the last.); but that is so very very minor that I would still give the Refs an A grade for the game. 

Which makes the irony and the humor behind those comments even more entertaining to me. Like, THIS is the game you are going to say this? lololol

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean this might be it... except the reporters asked him if he stood by the statement and he doubled down, and was serious the entire time.  So... yeah.

3 minutes ago, Jetzger said:

I mean this might be it... except the reporters asked him if he stood by the statement and he doubled down, and was serious the entire time.  So... yeah.

That doesnt change anything even a tiny little bit. People dont go from 11 on the frustration scale to 5 in the matter of 2 questions. He was still pssd. He was still in his head with anger. Doubling down would be the expected, even normal, response when you are crushed emotionally and physically. 

https://twitter.com/sportssturm/status/1483235000401244160?s=21

Hmm, weird how a very, very similar situation from earlier this season is executed so much easier. Doesn’t seem that anyone handed the ball to the official here, either. He just went up and touched it. Wasn’t a problem… but for Dallas it apparently had to be a catastrophic mess. Think this is the disparity in officiating that some of the players talk about.

Edited by NoFlyZone