NFC Wildcard GDT: #6 San Francisco at #3 Dallas

Broncofan

Who wins today?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner!

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Arguably if the put Lance in the game before Jimmy threw that Pick and ONLY ran read option/basic runs/sweep runs, IMO, it is never close.

I said in the niner forum when we were running out the clock that we should put him in and run a pa boot lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's not how it works, you have to have the ball to the ref. 

I get you're feeling this loss, but c'mon man. Dallas didn't follow the rules and it burned them, period.

The ref would have had 8-10 seconds had Dallas followed the rules on setting the ball.

By Dallas. Nobody else, regardless of what you feel.

I just don’t know that I can agree. I understand the ref needed to have the ball, but Dallas more or less did the hard part for them. It just seems silly that could not have been handled better when everyone was literally set to go with plenty of time. Maybe they should have tossed him the ball, but it just seemed like it became a frazzled mess when it did not need to be regardless of how Dallas got set up. Maybe I’m being harsh on the official, it just seemed like it could have been executed better regardless of Dallas not tossing/ handing him the ball. It was to the extent that I wasn’t even nervous about it while watching until the ball was knocked all over the place and then awkwardly put in place. Just bizarre all the way around.

That all aside, Dallas would have been wise to avoid that situation in the first place. That I can say.

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Packers defense also took a pretty significant step back down the final stretch of the season. 

but they got back some players: Jaire, Z Smith, and Mercilus all returned.  Regardless, the two teams the Packers wanted to avoid were the Niners and Bucs.  Looks like those are the two teams they'd have to beat to get to a super bowl.

Just now, KFP7 said:

but they got back some players: Jaire, Z Smith, and Mercilus all returned.  Regardless, the two teams the Packers wanted to avoid were the Niners and Bucs.  Looks like those are the two teams they'd have to beat to get to a super bowl.

The biggest thing is that you guys have shelled out against the pass while allowing for the run. So something will give. I'm not sure where it ended up, but at one point late in the season you guys were worst in the NFL in EPA allowed on a per rush basis, but best in the NFL in EPA on a drop back basis against the pass. 

Ultimately, I suspect that you guys put more effort against the run and make Jimmy win, which is the right call

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

They played well against the Vikings backup QB but outside of that over their last 6 games they gave up 380 ypg / 30 ppg.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Do you always form all your opinions based on what the announcers say? 

Just my opinion, but I would advise against that as a rule of thumb. They are speaking to the lowest common denominator 99% of the time. 

Not saying Romo was inaccurate this time, as if he slides a couple yards earlier, we might have a second or two. But I doubt it, because by the time Dak spiked it, another ~3ish seconds had run down. 

It was just an epic failure on our part. Should have thrown to the endzone 4 times, imo. 

Dak ran for THREE seconds after he crossed the first down line. If he just gets the first, slides and hands the ball to the ref they at least get one more play... maybe two. I have no idea what the Cowboys were supposed to do on that play, but it is painfully obvious Dak needed to get down much sooner than with 8 seconds left on the clock lol.

Not saying the play call was good by any means... it was terrible. That said Dak's situational awareness was as bad as the call.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Why throw a Hail Mary into the end zone when you can instead run it up the middle with no timeouts?

I'll tell you why. Because....because...ok I got nothing. 

The mental errors late for Dallas were truly mesmerizing. Not just that and forgetting about the refs, but penalties on defense that were so utterly needless as well. 

They completely lost their heads, to borrow a phrase used in rugby quite a bit. 

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I just don’t know that I can agree. I understand the ref needed to have the ball, but Dallas more or less did the hard part for them. It just seems silly that could not have been handled better when everyone was literally set to go with plenty of time. Maybe they should have tossed him the ball, but it just seemed like it became a frazzled mess when it did not need to be regardless of how Dallas got set up. 

The only reason you don't agree is because the rule burnt your team.  If it was the other way around, you wouldn't be complaining about in the slightest.  But the reality is that Dak of all people should have known the rule, and he chose to try and spot the ball himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KFP7 said:

and those 2 teams are dealing with injuries. If the Packers can't beat those now they probably will not get to the SB anytime soon. Beating 3 tough teams to win the Lombardi.