GDT: Bengals @ Titans (Return of The King Edition)

Mesa_Titan

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Tannehill had Firsker open for a 1st down and Hillard on the side for a gain and stopping the clock.

Terrible QB awareness doesn’t understand situational football & oh the 2nd yr in a row, remember last yr had AJ brown wide open never looked his way, threw it to kalif Raymond only to be picked. 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Terrible QB awareness doesn’t understand situational football & oh the 2nd yr in a row, remember last yr had AJ brown wide open never looked his way, threw it to kalif Raymond only to be picked. 

And perhaps it's a flaw of the offense. 
That last drive made no sense.  Were we trying to win it? or  Go to overtime?

But hit Firsker, get fresh downs. Use a timeout and better shot of getting in FG range. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And perhaps it's a flaw of the offense. 
That last drive made no sense.  Were we trying to win it? or  Go to overtime?

But hit Firsker, get fresh downs. Use a timeout and better shot of getting in FG range. 

Vrabel was too conservative on that last drive & it but him in the *** he’s really starting to look like Jeff fisher 2.0 to me 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I'm now convinced they run him so much to avoid Tannehill throwing the ball too much. His record when throwing more than like 30 times or something like that is very different from letting him throw it 25 times. 

So if this is true, Vrabel better have enough pulse on the team to make the tough decision or at least start to plan on the succession plan.

We won't know until it happens I suppose, but I don't think the overall offensive gameplan changes even if we had an elite QB.

Even in games where Tannehill has just been on fire/dominating, Vrabel still wants to just run, run and run some more. I think that's just part of who he is.

Maybe with a top tier QB he's more open to a few more passes, but at this point it's hard to see any huge changes period, regardless of who is under center.

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

We won't know until it happens I suppose, but I don't think the overall offensive gameplan changes even if we had an elite QB.

Even in games where Tannehill has just been on fire/dominating, Vrabel still wants to just run, run and run some more. I think that's just part of who he is.

Maybe with a top tier QB he's more open to a few more passes, but at this point it's hard to see any huge changes period, regardless of who is under center.

that’s the bleakest possibility on the table because he sure as hell isn’t sniffing a super bowl no matter what players he gets if that’s what he wants to do

16 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The funniest timeline is where Brady wanted to come here, and we opted to go with Tannehill not because we thought he was a better long-term option, but because Vrabel refused to let Brady run the Brady system en lieu of our run-heavy scheme.

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

The fact that Tannehill stood in the press conference talking about how this one hurt, and not taking any blame on himself, is pathetic. I can't see the team trusting him. And if they do, then like the joker said, they'll get what they deserve.

Read between the lines this 1 hurts cause it was self inflicted on my part 😩

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Team deserves better than what they have at QB.

My fear is that our pass rush won't be the same.

Autry is 30 something. Can we hope for injury free year from them again? 

We will have Weaver coming back. Hopefully draft another guy. Sign back Landry. 

Get another WR and TE. 

Try to limit the impact Tannehill can have. 

• Like 1

Man I am just so crushed still. This was very likely our best chance that we could have gotten. Healthy, already beaten Chiefs and Bills, and #1 seed. Chances of things playing out this well for us are so freaking slim. Someone said it earlier on here. This is a franchise changer. Our window was wide open this year and Tannehill and Downing cost us. Hard to see another season where everything could be so open for us like this was. Just crushed : (

• Like 2