NFC Divisional GDT: (4) Rams at (2) Buccaneers

NYRaider

Who you got?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Bucs
    • Rams

2 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Stafford should have a field day. Gonna be quick work on Sunday. 49ers have better shot than the Bucs. Setting up for an all-NFC West Conference Championship.

On the other side, I think Tenn if Henry is healthy and effective. It’s a great get right game for the Titans. I think the Chiefs/Bills winner will be so emotionally spent that they will have nothing left for Nashville.

Like Blackstar12 said - it will depend upon which Stafford shows up.  I'm gonna guess TB's D is better than AZ's.

Honestly, it's not even about the Rams playing inspired football. They just match up good with the Bucs. One thing though, if the Bucs can stop the Rams rushing attack and make them one dimensional, then it becomes very interesting. Stafford played well last night but really wasn't asked to do a whole a lot. He's been very TO prone as of late and the Bucs can force him to some bad decisions and win it at the end.

I can see the Rams winning by double digits, but I could only seeing the Bucs winning a tight one coming down to the wire. Should be a good one! Good luck to both fanbases! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams defense has had their number. Expect that Arians is watching tape on how the Niners run the ball against us right now

The Bucs aren't built like that, though. If they try and play that game then they go away from what actually makes them a good team to becoming a fake imitation of the team that finished 3rd in the division JUST because they match up well against us. 

Honestly, of the three other NFC teams this was by far my favoured match up for us. Comfortable wins in the past two meetings against them and they're banged up. I also like that they haven't played a strong team for a long time, win or lose, the Rams loss to a very talented and physical team in the Niners sparked the reaction against the Cardinals. Equally, back in the season when the Rams were dogwalking teams they went into a buzz saw of good teams and struggled to acclimatise.

I believe Ernest Jones could be back for this game which would be huge. Taylor Rapp being back helps too. It would be huge if the Rams can go into this week and this match in pretty good shape. I'm not over-confident, but I really like this match up for the Rams and it's potentially the best we could've hoped for at this stage. 

• Like 1

Brady plays as poorly in this game as he did against Philly and this is a Rams blowout. Tampa’s defense stymied an inept Philly offense, LA doesn’t have that type of offense. Brady missing on several throws especially on third down, the refs made sure to extend those early drives for Tampa, but don’t expect the Rams to have the same issues.

I mean, yes, the Rams have a lot of talent, but they went 2-5 against playoffs teams this year and got punked by the majority of good teams they faced. Their point differential is still “meh” for a 12 win team and they didn’t really dominate many teams this year despite their “talent.” They caught Tampa Bay early in the year with a banged up defense and exploited them and then beat the Cardinals, who completely collapsed down the stretch and were total frauds. Just not convinced on the Rams, but the Bucs are extremely banged up so there isn’t an excuse for them not to win this.

Edited by DanMullen

Rams DL is going to feast on the Bucs banged up OL…Brady’s gonna be in for a long day.

Bucs secondary is also trash, Kupp and OBJ should have good games.

Best strategy for the Bucs is to run and quick passes to RB to limit the pass rush. (Much easier said than done)

8 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Don’t really trust the Rams against a team that’s going to be very physical, but I wouldn’t be surprised if either team won. Pretty even matchup on paper. 

This is a weird narrative that's out there. The Niners are an outlier as even when we were clearly better than them last year we still lost twice.

Seemed to start around the Titans being physical with us but our defense completely dominated their offense. Way different scenario than the Niners who just run all over us. We've never held the Niners under 200 yards and under 4 yards per play.

The Cardinals physically dominated us in week 4. Then Monday night just happened. The Bucs were missing CBs against us in week 3, sure. But their front 7 and OL was decently healthy. We pushed them around.

People like to make it something it isn't. The Seahawks have nearly the same record against the Niners the last three years that the Niners do against us. Take that away and that narrative dies pretty quickly.

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Looks like my thoughts on the Rams prevailing is a popular one. They're playing inspired football right now.

I like them to win this one.

Packers fans: go Rams, we don't want to play the Bucs!

Rams fans: go Packers, we don't want to play the Niners!