2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Or we could sign RT Moses, RG Daniels, and a couple starting DTs for the same price.  

I’m 100% behind signing Moses as long as the prce is reasonable.  I’m thinking 2y, 16-18M.  

if we need a G in FA Id really consider Austin Corbett.  I think he could be had at a good value.  It seems like he’s always the last name in that 2nd tier of FA guards.

He’s from Sparks, Nevada (His HS team name was the Raiders!) and went to college at the University of Nevada, Reno.  I’m aware Reno and LV are on opposite sides of the state but that’s still significantly closer then LA or another FA team.  Plus, he’s Native American, Walker River Paiute Tribe.  Not trying to stereotype…. But…. It’s possible he’s got a lot of family in the area and/or very close to his family, and would thus value playing in LV for us. He is just coming off his rookie deal and will want to get set himself up for life, but if we have a competitive offer for him we could land him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m 100% behind signing Moses as long as the prce is reasonable.  I’m thinking 2y, 16-18M.  

if we need a G in FA Id really consider Austin Corbett.  I think he could be had at a good value.  It seems like he’s always the last name in that 2nd tier of FA guards.

He’s from Sparks, Nevada (His HS team name was the Raiders!) and went to college at the University of Nevada, Reno.  I’m aware Reno and LV are on opposite sides of the state but that’s still significantly closer then LA or another FA team.  Plus, he’s Native American, Walker River Paiute Tribe.  Not trying to stereotype…. But…. It’s possible he’s got a lot of family in the area and/or very close to his family, and would thus value playing in LV for us. He is just coming off his rookie deal and will want to get set himself up for life, but if we have a competitive offer for him we could land him.

I threw Daniels out there since he is one of the better young OGs in FA.  I have no favorite but would like to sign 1.  Moses I think will get anywhere from $7-10 a year.  Buy us a couple years to develop a RT behind him.

44 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Am I the minority in thinking Robinson isn't worth the contract he'll demand? 

I don’t think any of the top WRs are worth what they will command for us.  

Id rather draft Garrett Wilson or even Jameson Williams is their available or trade for Calvin Ridley (2nd?) or  Brandin Cooks (3rd?).  The highest I’d spend on a FA WR is 12m for DJ Chark and that’d be a 1-2year deal with no or next to no year 2 guarantees.

I don’t think we need this “WR1”.  We’re an offense that spreads the ball around.  

I actually think getting a receiving 3rd TE could be very fruitful Investment.  Im hoping we can find a good deal in FA or draft someone in rounds 4-6.  I keep seeing Isaiah Likely rated as low as 4th rounder or Chigoziem Omonkwo of Maryland as a 6th rounder.  Both of them are quicker, agile TEs who don’t necessarily use their speed deep as much as they use it to get open running short to intermediate horizontal routes.  If we could get 20-25 catches from a 3rd TE that would be a great help.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I threw Daniels out there since he is one of the better young OGs in FA.  I have no favorite but would like to sign 1.  Moses I think will get anywhere from $7-10 a year.  Buy us a couple years to develop a RT behind him.

Yeah…. I totally understand bringing up Daniels, he’d be a quality addition.  I was just trying to discuss and/or Bring attention to a name that’s under the radar.

I feel like if we sign Moses, then we’d probably have to spend a little bit less than the 8-10M it’s take to get Daniels.  Corbett can probably be had for 6-7M and that’s only 2-3M more then Good costs.  I think if we cut Good it’s a situation where we keep him until we find his replacement.  We’d likely see what the FA market looks like and if we find someone we like for not that much more we make the swap.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah…. I totally understand bringing up Daniels, he’d be a quality addition.  I was just trying to discuss and/or Bring attention to a name that’s under the radar.

I feel like if we sign Moses, then we’d probably have to spend a little bit less than the 8-10M it’s take to get Daniels.  Corbett can probably be had for 6-7M and that’s only 2-3M more then Good costs.  I think if we cut Good it’s a situation where we keep him until we find his replacement.  We’d likely see what the FA market looks like and if we find someone we like for not that much more we make the swap.

I will look into Corbett.  FA is always so crazy.  Guys you think that are going to sign for $4-5 end up getting $9-10.  Then you have quality players a couple months later signing for the league minimum.  Just have to wait and see.  I would not mind waiting a couple weeks before we sign anyone.

17 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I will look into Corbett.  FA is always so crazy.  Guys you think that are going to sign for $4-5 end up getting $9-10.  Then you have quality players a couple months later signing for the league minimum.  Just have to wait and see.  I would not mind waiting a couple weeks before we sign anyone.

Yeah…. I’m all about the values.  Plus, there are always late cuts… Morgan Moses was one last year.  
I think you start FA with a few targets who you set hard price limits on and don’t go beyond that.  There’s no possible outcome where Drake or Nassib’s deal ever could become worth it.  Wait for the deals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think any of the top WRs are worth what they will command for us.  

Id rather draft Garrett Wilson or even Jameson Williams is their available or trade for Calvin Ridley (2nd?) or  Brandin Cooks (3rd?).  The highest I’d spend on a FA WR is 12m for DJ Chark and that’d be a 1-2year deal with no or next to no year 2 guarantees.

I don’t think we need this “WR1”.  We’re an offense that spreads the ball around.  

I actually think getting a receiving 3rd TE could be very fruitful Investment.  Im hoping we can find a good deal in FA or draft someone in rounds 4-6.  I keep seeing Isaiah Likely rated as low as 4th rounder or Chigoziem Omonkwo of Maryland as a 6th rounder.  Both of them are quicker, agile TEs who don’t necessarily use their speed deep as much as they use it to get open running short to intermediate horizontal routes.  If we could get 20-25 catches from a 3rd TE that would be a great help.

I like your line of thinking better but just different players. Ridley isn't reliable and while I like Cooks, I'd need to think of what it would require to obtain him. This is why I'm really focused on Chark. 

I don't know much about the TE group aside from Ruckert who I feel will be drafted way later than he should be. I'm going to have to look into those guys you mentioned

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I like your line of thinking better but just different players. Ridley isn't reliable and while I like Cooks, I'd need to think of what it would require to obtain him. This is why I'm really focused on Chark. 

I don't know much about the TE group aside from Ruckert who I feel will be drafted way later than he should be. I'm going to have to look into those guys you mentioned

I should have said I’d only trade for Ridley if all the issues were cleared up and we were confident it wouldn’t be a re-occurring issue.  Maybe I don’t know enough about his situation but from what I gathered there’s not much info out there besides the team supports him in his absence and are hoping to keep him but are also willing to trade him.  Who really knows what the situation really is.  

Id absolutely love to get Ruckert if he fell to the 4th or 5th round.  There are a few larger yet athletic TEs that could be options as well: Charlie Kolar, Jelani Woods, Cole Turner.  They’d be good options for blockers, attacking the seem, and the short passing game where to run short curls and basically box out the defender. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dessie said:

@Darbskwill be pleased, pretty sure he’s wanted Billings since 2016. 

Haha yes, you remembered! 😁

I actually wanted to draft him in the first round (but we'll gloss over that).

I think his career has been very stop-start, injured his rookie year then a couple solid years before sitting out a season due to Covid and doing virtually nothing last year.

The thing I will say is that he has terrific strength and can really shift for a big guy. He's never lived up to his potential but is a good signing as a guy who can anchor, use his strength at the PoA and will be a cheap reclamation project. I don't expect him to break out but he can be a decent rotation guy at this stage in his career I feel.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Haha yes, you remembered! 😁

I actually wanted to draft him in the first round (but we'll gloss over that).

I think his career has been very stop-start, injured his rookie year then a couple solid years before sitting out a season due to Covid and doing virtually nothing last year.

The thing I will say is that he has terrific strength and can really shift for a big guy. He's never lived up to his potential but is a good signing as a guy who can anchor, use his strength at the PoA and will be a cheap reclamation project. I don't expect him to break out but he can be a decent rotation guy at this stage in his career I feel.

I wasn’t going to mention what round you wanted him 😉, I agree that he could be a decent rotation guy and might give us an indication of what Graham is looking at on the d-line.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

He's already the 8th highest paid WR in the game and had a great 2020 campaign so my guess is he'll want top 5 money and over 20 mill/year. I'm not a fan of that personally

Yeah that would be a tough one. Personally I wouldn’t pay him past 15mil