2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

But is Adams that much better??

He's older and gets paid a lot more. Waller is coming into his prime

aren’t they both 29?

Who’s better for our team is actually a really good debate. I believe he is, but I don’t begrudge anyone at all thinking otherwise. Especially since McDaniels has an affinity for TEs.

I feel like the extra draft capital is what definitively skews it towards Adams in this hypothetical though. However, I truly have no idea what a stud TEs trade compensation looks like though.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Devante Adams is not going to hit FA. He's the best WR in the game, guys like that don't become FA's. Teams keep their star players. 

The whole conversation around this is pointless. Rodgers and Adams will both be back in Green Bay.

I said it a while ago the only way I see us getting Adams is a trade for Waller.  Adam's would still be more expensive but with what Waller will likely want the divide will be much smaller.  Waller at $16 or Adams at $25?  Also might be a struggle between want Carr wants and what McDaniels wants which could create enough of a divide between the two that Carr is more valuable in a trade if he really wants $40 million.  Waller could also take offense if Carr is willing to take a pay cut for Adams but not him when he is extremely underpaid.  Just speculation but could be another instance where Carr rubs someone the wrong way again.

12 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I liked him as a mid round pick a few years back.  He at least adds good depth.  He was just signed to the Chiefs practice squad last month.

Everyone’s favourite mid round mock draft DT the year he came out of memory serves.

Big body. Would fit what we all expected Graham to go after.

• Like 1

The only way I see Devante Adams on this team is.... 👏It's 👏a 👏fairytale 👏 get your head out of the clouds!

The Packers have a Super Bowl caliber team and a QB with a closing window. They are not trading their all-pro WR and alienating Rodgers. 

Focus on the draft. Tons of WR talent to build long term around. Take a shot at Robinson as the only other true 1

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The only way I see Devante Adams on this team is.... 👏It's 👏a 👏fairytale 👏 get your head out of the clouds!

The Packers have a Super Bowl caliber team and a QB with a closing window. They are not trading their all-pro WR and alienating Rodgers. 

Focus on the draft. Tons of WR talent to build long term around. Take a shot at Robinson as the only other true 1

In terms of style, he's a great fit with Carr. Can then go for a day 2 speed option like Metchie.

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

In terms of style, he's a great fit with Carr. Can then go for a day 2 speed option like Metchie.

If we end up getting one of the top FA WRs, I really don’t want to spend anymore resources on a WR. We have plenty of other positions that need attention. 

now if we’re talking about getting a 2nd/3rd tier FA WR, then sure double dip. 

4 hours ago, 101Raider said:

aren’t they both 29?

Who’s better for our team is actually a really good debate. I believe he is, but I don’t begrudge anyone at all thinking otherwise. Especially since McDaniels has an affinity for TEs.

I feel like the extra draft capital is what definitively skews it towards Adams in this hypothetical though. However, I truly have no idea what a stud TEs trade compensation looks like though.

You're right I thought Waller was 27

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm down for all those guys. I just think Robinson would be good here and he won't be pricey coming off a down year in that dysfunctional offense IMO.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Adams.  I have wanted Allen Robinson for a few years now.  That would be a tough decision because we could still sign Daniels and Moses for what AB would cost.  I would probably go O-line because a good run game would help Carr more than a big outside WR.  AB would go a long ways in helping the red zone offense and on 3rd downs.  Plus there are a few WRs like Pierce, Ross, London, Burks, and Pickens that could all help out in the same way.

The main takeaway for WR is there are so many good options this offseason potentially through FA... we have to get someone and can't miss an opportunity like this with so many good WRs available. I don't even care who we sign (or trade for i.e. Cooks mentioned previously), just get someone good lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Sorry I thought you were talking about Adams.  I have wanted Allen Robinson for a few years now.  That would be a tough decision because we could still sign Daniels and Moses for what AB would cost.  I would probably go O-line because a good run game would help Carr more than a big outside WR.  AB would go a long ways in helping the red zone offense and on 3rd downs.  Plus there are a few WRs like Pierce, Ross, London, Burks, and Pickens that could all help out in the same way.

Yeah I do think it’ll be a lot cheaper to draft a rookie. There are some good ones too.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

DC and Tae are like brothers. You never know