2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Safety draft class is deep and the FA safety class is deep. It’s gonna drop prices for the FAs. There is only one safety you spend big on and that’s the honey badger everyone else nope damn sure ain’t Peppers at 12 million. 

I'm a little worried we might pay up for Peppers. I hope we just find a good value and push the competition. Would rather invest in the trenches and WR1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Love the list.  Only objections is I can’t see us having any chance at JC Jefferson.  His floor has to be 16m with 18-20m a possibility.  Marcus Williams will Likely cost 14-16M, so now way we go after him.  Those are top FAs and not really someone you classify as “another guy out of 2”.

Thanks. probably should have said free agents of note. I hope we just the Nevada Income Tax Laws as an advantage like the Florida teams do. So I expect us to be active in free agency, but hope we use the money wisely. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:53 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Thanks. probably should have said free agents of note. I hope we just the Nevada Income Tax Laws as an advantage like the Florida teams do. So I expect us to be active in free agency, but hope we use the money wisely. 

That last sentence says a lot. If we could have a free agent class like this past year (for the most part) and a good draft class. We could make a run. Like a real one. Not like last yr with questionable wins. But a good season by a good team and we could be trouble in the playoffs. But that's a lot of buts 😆 

On 2/19/2022 at 1:37 PM, roi34 said:

you need another cb regardless. id bring back Fayscon as insurance and 4th cb. he got burnt a little bit but played well mostly considering. 

stevie Nelson and carlton Davis fayscon with hobbs Mullen would  be nice depth

Fayscon only looked okay because of the scheme. He won't be coming back

54 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

ties to the coaching staff. I personally think we give Abram another shot to prove he is worth an extension. I would bring a cheap vet to play 3rd safety/depth/ and competition. Leavit played way too much last year. 

But he didn't play deep safety like Abram can't.  He played in 3 Safety sets in the box.  We don't need two guys that are limited to that

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

ties to the coaching staff. I personally think we give Abram another shot to prove he is worth an extension. I would bring a cheap vet to play 3rd safety/depth/ and competition. Leavit played way too much last year. 

I read they’re looking at abram to be a 60% snap count guy playing hybrid lb/s similar to how he played vs Cleveland this year. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I couldn’t stand watching Leavitt get reps on defense.  The guys an undersized and underskilled Erik Harris.  Leavitt played just shy of 250 snaps - 1/4 of the defensive snaps.  Just think about that for a moment. 

Patrick Graham, from what I’ve read, has deployed 3 safety sets with the Giants.  I’m not opposed to giving Abram one last shot as a starter.  But, ideally I’d like to see a creative role carved out for him.  Abrams could be a starting SS but also be used situationally as a “3rd S / LB”.  We could even play  2 High FS’s with Deablo and Abrams playing LB.  But in order to do any of that we HAVE to bring in a quality S who can cover, especially be able to play man coverage.  Ideally we bring in a starting level FS to pair with Moehrig. I think we have to go the FA Route for that because the draft really doesn’t have many viable options.  I like Kerby Joseph but have a feeling he goes late 2nd or better and that’s too high for us to spend.  Also, you can almost always find a good value deal on a Safety if you wait in FA.  I’d target Marcus Maye and if he doesn’t get a big deal (coming off ACL and legal issues) I’d offer 1yr, 5-6M.  If not Justin Reid would be a nice signing.  Malik Hooker played in 15 games with 3 starts for Dallas and showed enough durability to give a team enough hope to sign him as a starter.  I think he played well enough to get 2.5-4M.