Are the Chiefs the bad guys?

notthatbluestuff

Every successful team is eventually painted as the villian even if theres little reason to do so. People get sick of them.

• Patriots (2001 - 2019) - Still a lot of resentment there.
  • The GOAT Barcelona Football (Soccer) Team. (2011 - 2016)
  • Manchester City Football (Soccer Team) (2013 onwards)
  • Golden State Warriors 2015 - 2019.
  • Cleveland Cavaliers (2015 - 2018) - Part of these obviously people hating Lebron.
  • KC Chiefs (2018 onwards)

I'm not even a fan of baseball but aware that people (on the Internet) hate the Yankees, Dodgers et all. Didn't the Cubs become disliked after their first win in 100 years or whatever?

People are drawn to the underdog. Personally I really like most of the KC Team.

Edited by Magnifico
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If I was a chiefs fan I'd probably be in heaven. But yes I literally would rather see anyone else win. We're at that point now.

I'd wager everyone will be rooting for the Bengals except Chiefs fans and then a smattering of Browns/Ravens/Steelers fans

• Like 2

Just now, Magnifico said:

Every successful team is eventually painted as the villian even if theres little reason to do so. People get sick of them.

• Patriots (2011 - 2019) - Still a lot of resentment there.
  • Cleveland Cavaliers (2015 - 2018) - Part of these obviously people hating Lebron.

I'm not even a fan of baseball but aware that people (on the Internet) hate the Yankees, Dodgers et all. Didn't the Cubs become disliked after their first win in 100 years or whatever?

Also to this point....most people were rooting for the Patriots to beat the Rams back in the 2002 Super Bowl. If only they knew...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Is she the one that was jumping in front of bullets for him and the Chiefs not doing well in the Super Bowl last year? Somebody was reading too much Twitter, I just can’t remember who.

Yup, she also goes off everytime they lose lol everytime they show video of her she's screaming and being obnoxious. They're an odd match for sure

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

You forgot the Miami Heat (2011-2014).

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

Mahomes is just too good not to like and is a bit smug, but why wouldn't you be? 

There's a distinct lineage in my mind of Steve Young-Aaron Rodgers-Mahomes as far as being 3 QBs who can bend the game to their will through both phenomenal physical ability and an absolute mastery of the mental part of the game (Roger Staubach was probably the 70s prototype for them). 

Rodgers always had that tag of "arrogant" and it's like well, yeah, why wouldn't he be? Same w/Mahomes. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

They are villains in that they win a lot and nobody wants to see the same team win.

But I don't think they are hated like some villains are.  Like I'd say Brady/Belichick Pats were legitimately hated, or the Durant-Warriors.  Mahomes and Reid are just too likable.  Doesn't hurt that they are probably the most exciting team in the NFL every year.

Mahomes is not likeable in the sense he's the NFL's new overmarketed Golden Boy ala Peyton.

His brother and fiancee are also annoying AF.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

You forgot the Miami Heat (2011-2014).

Yeah, that's LeBron hate again. I mean you don't have to be a fan of the greatest player in the league, but the people who pooh-pooh LeBron's greatness just boggle my mind....Steph Curry is great, but he can't carry a team; probably the only player in the "greatest since Jordan" conversation other than LeBron is Duncan. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Mahomes is not likeable in the sense he's the NFL's new overmarketed Golden Boy ala Peyton.

No disagreement on the brother, but I don't think i've ever even seen the fiancee. Mahomes himself is pretty damn likable though.

38 minutes ago, biggie. said:

The NFL tends to market its biggest stars. And so if you’re gonna do that, then why wouldn’t or shouldn’t  it be Mahomes?

41 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Feel genuine sympathy for him being related to that brother. At least his wife had sporting talent, he is a parasite with nothing of value to add to the world 

50 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

I get your general point, but the Soccer teams are off.

Barcelona weren't hated during that period by the Soccer community; they were revered. I say that as a United fan who watched us lose two Champions League finals to them.

Again, in general, I wouldn't say Man City are hated either. But, most hate is with regards to the Sports washing undertaken by their UAE Owners, despite the awful human rights record of the country.

• Like 3

There’s no doubt that Mahomes is great to watch, but man he’s such a goof. Kelce is incredibly obnoxious as well and Tyreek Hill is a despicable human being. Even if they weren’t our rivals who beat us all the time I’m not sure I’d like this team. But in the context of being a divisional rival I find them being so dominant even more frustrating. I guess us, DEN & LAC are going to learn how it felt for the rest of the AFCE while the Patriots were dominating for so long.

I still like Andy Reid though. Good guy and glad he’s having the success his career deserves.

But I will absolutely continue to be sour and bitter as long as KC keep winning all the time. It’s the nature of rivalry and sport in general.

• Like 1