2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Last season the biggest improvement I saw from Simmons was he started to learn how to beat the double teams, something he struggled with early on in his career, & that was his biggest weakness to me, that kept him from becoming an elite game changer DT. The elite Players can’t be stopped by double teams, scary thing bout Simmons he’s still raw as a pash rusher once he develops a counter I think he’ll be a DPOY caliber player. 

As it currently stands, is our offense better than the 07/08 teams? I think it’s definitely better than the 07 team and it may be debatable with the 08 team, though I think this year’s is better.

I ask because if our defense can be at or close to the level of those teams(which I think it has potential to be), than we should still be a very good and competitive team. Not that that was necessarily a discussion.

26 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

As it currently stands, is our offense better than the 07/08 teams? I think it’s definitely better than the 07 team and it may be debatable with the 08 team, though I think this year’s is better.

I ask because if our defense can be at or close to the level of those teams(which I think it has potential to be), than we should still be a very good and competitive team. Not that that was necessarily a discussion.

I think our offense is like 10x better than those teams 

18 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I think our offense is like 10x better than those teams 

The only thing that gives me slight pause is our OL those years(especially in 08) were unbelievable and our OL this upcoming season is a big concern and question mark.

Even with that being the case, I agree with you. Going back and looking at the name on those offenses and yikes. It’s crazy to think we went 23-9 in that span in hindsight.

13 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

The only thing that gives me slight pause is our OL those years(especially in 08) were unbelievable and our OL this upcoming season is a big concern and question mark.

Even with that being the case, I agree with you. Going back and looking at the name on those offenses and yikes. It’s crazy to think we went 23-9 in that span in hindsight.

tannehill over kerry collins alone is a ridiculously massive upgrade. and as worrisome as our WR group is, those WR units were worse.....by a lot lol. it is really incredible to look back on that offense. the OL was real good and we had lendale/CJ in 08 but there was absolutely nothing there outside of that.

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

tannehill over kerry collins alone is a ridiculously massive upgrade. and as worrisome as our WR group is, those WR units were worse.....by a lot lol. it is really incredible to look back on that offense. the OL was real good and we had lendale/CJ in 08 but there was absolutely nothing there outside of that.

CJ2K would be so unbelievable in an offense like todays.

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

CJ2K would be so unbelievable in an offense like todays.

he was truly wasted on jeff fisher, man. could've had a lengthy kamara-esque career and instead we blew it all on a 2000-yard season when we went 8-8 lol

38 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

None of the key skill guys outside of CJ were in the league past 2010. Just two years later and their career was done. Unbelievable to think about. A truly uninspiring group.

Considering 2021 AJ’s health and Julio’s nonperformance as 1 and 2, with everyone else who contributed to WR still here…

Call me crazy, but if Woods does more than Julio, and if any young receivers improve at all, and if either rookie WR gets significant play

we aren’t really thaaat much worse than last year at WR.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Considering 2021 AJ’s health and Julio’s nonperformance as 1 and 2, with everyone else who contributed to WR still here…

Call me crazy, but if Woods does more than Julio, and if any young receivers improve at all, and if either rookie WR gets significant play

we aren’t really thaaat much worse than last year at WR.

Why not just go ahead and be better.

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I am salty for the teams poor use of draft resources for non needs.

Your entitled to your opinion but your emotions has clouded your judgment on what makes perfectly sense, we drafted a WR in the 1st rd & traded for 1, cut a starting CB & you feel comfortable with going into the season with a CB that has yet to play a full season, & another CB that’s coming of an ACL injury who really hasn’t played football in almost 3yrs & you upset we took a CB in a pass happy league who was projected to be a late 1st-2nd rd prospect as insurance. Don’t know if you know but Molden is a slot only CB putting him outside isn’t smart. McCreary is a very good prospect that has fair well vs elite WR. Our secondary is what makes our defense unique from a scheme & coverage versatility. I’m sorry you don’t get it, but I’ll feel some type of way if we don’t add a FA WR before training camp