2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

do people not realize that a lot of our guys with big contracts like dupree, lewan, tannehill, and even potentially henry and byard likely don't have many years left with us? players like AJ and big jeff are the next wave. it is absolutely imperative that we lock them down because we'll be replacing many if not all of the aforementioned guys with cheaper and younger players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

If Amy can't afford simple restructures then she needs to sell the team. Simple as that.

Not all the owners can afford to this also. I don’t want to keep repeating myself but look our history as a franchise we spend money when it’s available in cap space here & there we’ll do a few restructures to get under the cap, we wouldn’t even pay the most dominant DT in the league in the time because of our cap situation, we locked the franchise QB out the facility because his cap # was too high, we depleted our whole team after the 04 season because of salary cap. At 1 point the league were trying to force the titans to sell because of how ownership was setup. 

54 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Pretty much. If the ownership group with the multi billion dollar asset can’t afford to do what virtually every other competitive franchise does, we have a massive organizational problem.

😮💨🤣 just because you have a billion in assets doesn’t mean you have money to play spend at will, you do know the Adams family can be worth a billion dollars & out that billion Nissan stadium can be worth 400 mill & the titans can be worth 600 mill doesn’t mean you have technically a billion dollars you have assets equivalent to that. That’s why most teams have share owners 

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Not all the owners can afford to this also. I don’t want to keep repeating myself but look our history as a franchise we spend money when it’s available in cap space here & there we’ll do a few restructures to get under the cap, we wouldn’t even pay the most dominant DT in the league in the time because of our cap situation, we locked the franchise QB out the facility because his cap # was too high, we depleted our whole team after the 04 season because of salary cap. At 1 point the league were trying to force the titans to sell because of how ownership was setup. 

How Bud ran things is irrelevant. He's not alive anymore.

The fact of the matter is with the Deshaun Watson contract, fully guaranteed contracts are about to start becoming more and more popular(I guess Cousins got the ball rolling there). If you don't have the money to handle simple restructures, then you sure as **** don't have the money to put aside to pay out fully guaranteed contracts. It's why owners are pissed about it. The Browns/Jimmy Haslam just had to put like 180 million in escrow for Watson's deal. Haslam has that kind of money though.

If Amy ain't got that kind of money, it's time to look for a buyer.

3 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

How Bud ran things is irrelevant. He's not alive anymore.

The fact of the matter is with the Deshaun Watson contract, fully guaranteed contracts are about to start becoming more and more popular(I guess Cousins got the ball rolling there). If you don't have the money to handle simple restructures, then you sure as **** don't have the money to put aside to pay out fully guaranteed contracts. It's why owners are pissed about it. The Browns/Jimmy Haslam just had to put like 180 million in escrow for Watson's deal. Haslam has that kind of money though.

If Amy ain't got that kind of money, it's time to look for a buyer.

I get what you’re saying but not owner have money like the browns m, cowboys, saints, jags, rams, chargers that’s why a lot of em manipulate the cap at a minimum & if I believe so, bud wanted the team to remain in the family 

25 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

😮💨🤣 just because you have a billion in assets doesn’t mean you have money to play spend at will, you do know the Adams family can be worth a billion dollars & out that billion Nissan stadium can be worth 400 mill & the titans can be worth 600 mill doesn’t mean you have technically a billion dollars you have assets equivalent to that. That’s why most teams have share owners 

I mean yeah, it’s an illiquid asset. A massive, $3+ billion asset, but illiquid. But if you don’t have the liquid capital to restructure contracts, you probably shouldn’t own an illiquid asset that requires large amounts of cash.

The Packers don’t even have a legitimate ownership group but found the capital to restructure their way out of being $60 million over the cap. If our owners can’t do the same, there’s always another group of billionaires looking to buy such a rare, ever-growing asset.

Not going to put this in the draft thread, since it’s more overall offseason than just draft.

For the third straight offseason, I’m forced to ask the question, is this team better now than it was in February? Or even last August? It’s becoming a real concern with Robinson. He’s a good GM. He’s built a consistently competitive football team, and that shouldn’t be taken for granted.

But is that it? Is that what he’s capable of? No outside the box thinking, no bold maneuvers to add talent, nothing to simply make the team better than it’s been.

Because I don’t see how this team is better than last year. Just like last year’s team wasn’t better than 2020. And 2020 wasn’t better than 2019. They also weren’t worse. Which is something I suppose. But we’ve stagnated. And nothing indicates Robinson is capable of bucking that trend. 

He’s earned his shot at a young QB. And he’ll almost certainly get it next year. But his job is on the line with that decision. Because the overall talent level on this roster is not improving, and his only hope is to get a franchise QB to elevate it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Not going to put this in the draft thread, since it’s more overall offseason than just draft.

For the third straight offseason, I’m forced to ask the question, is this team better now than it was in February? Or even last August? It’s becoming a real concern with Robinson. He’s a good GM. He’s built a consistently competitive football team, and that shouldn’t be taken for granted.

But is that it? Is that what he’s capable of? No outside the box thinking, no bold maneuvers to add talent, nothing to simply make the team better than it’s been.

Because I don’t see how this team is better than last year. Just like last year’s team wasn’t better than 2020. And 2020 wasn’t better than 2019. They also weren’t worse. Which is something I suppose. But we’ve stagnated. And nothing indicates Robinson is capable of bucking that trend. 

He’s earned his shot at a young QB. And he’ll almost certainly get it next year. But his job is on the line with that decision. Because the overall talent level on this roster is not improving, and his only hope is to get a franchise QB to elevate it.

yep. the window that opened in 2019 has been well and truly blown. robinson gets credit for opening that window, but he sure as hell shoulders the blame for doing absolutely nothing with it.

7 hours ago, TitanSS said:

While we lost talent since 2019, we got better through players improving. 2019 was a really good draft and has pretty much carried us.

Since then we have drafted very badly and it's going to cost us.

2020 was bad.

Last year, I still don't think is terrible. It's delayed  to me.  Farley, Weaver and Radunz this year could make that a homeroom, successful or bust of a draft. 

Molden was good. Rice had moments before injury. 

I get people mad. I get people upset about Wilson. All makes sense. 

Robinson has been great. 
Find me a perfect GM.....

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

2020 was bad.

Last year, I still don't think is terrible. It's delayed  to me.  Farley, Weaver and Radunz this year could make that a homeroom, successful or bust of a draft. 

Molden was good. Rice had moments before injury. 

I get people mad. I get people upset about Wilson. All makes sense. 

Robinson has been great. 
Find me a perfect GM.....

He doesn't need to be perfect, but Kristian Fulton and a 4th round nickel CB are the only major players we've drafted in the last two years. It has to be better than that. 

Radunz not beating out OTs that shouldn't even be on a roster last year with the injuries we had is a major concern. Outside of Farley the rest of the guys are are depth/role players and Farley is an injury waiting to happen.

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

He doesn't need to be perfect, but Kristian Fulton and a 4th round nickel CB are the only major players we've drafted in the last two years. It has to be better than that. 

Radunz not beating out OTs that shouldn't even be on a roster last year with the injuries we had is a major concern. Outside of Farley the rest of the guys are are depth/role players and Farley is an injury waiting to happen.

Are we actually calling last years draft a bust already? Not even close. Give it a rest. 😂

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

No losing seasons with him. 4 out of 6 years playoff trips, 2 division titles, AFC championship game, #1 seed last year, 
Hard to ignore that. 

When we are losing consistently, I'll be on board.  If we keep winning and it's butt booty backwards with guys like Ques or Freeman at running back or NWI on the field, I'll take it. Yes rather have the pretty shiny draft picks doing that heavy lifting but stack the wins, give us a chance I'm good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

No losing seasons with him. 4 out of 6 years playoff trips, 2 division titles, AFC championship game, #1 seed last year, 
Hard to ignore that. 

When we are losing consistently, I'll be on board.  If we keep winning and it's butt booty backwards with guys like Ques or Freeman at running back or NWI on the field, I'll take it. Yes rather have the pretty shiny draft picks doing that heavy lifting but stack the wins, give us a chance I'm good. 

By that logic, we shouldn't replace Ryan Tannehill until we start losing, which I don't agree with either.

I don't think you wait until you suck to try to get better at something that obviously needs to improve in order to push you to the next level.