2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Just now, TitanSS said:

By that logic, we shouldn't replace Ryan Tannehill until we start losing, which I don't agree with either.

I don't think you wait until you suck to try to get better at something that obviously needs to improve in order to push you to the next level.

But it's not obvious that we need to get rid of Robinson tho.

Have we had a losing season? Have we bottomed out? We are just coming off a #1 seed.
Tannehill has had 2 playoffs of underachievement and a whole season last year of underachievement. That warrants a discussion of replacement.

Robinson finessed a roster of 91 players and we beat pretty much every playoff team during the season including eventual Super Bowl champs. 
Missing on Wilson (late round pick) during a Covid off-season, having a development guy at OT in the 2nd and injury on your 1st round last year isn't time to riot to me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But it's not obvious that we need to get rid of Robinson tho.

Have we had a losing season? Have we bottomed out? We are just coming off a #1 seed.
Tannehill has had 2 playoffs of underachievement and a whole season last year of underachievement. That warrants a discussion of replacement.

Robinson finessed a roster of 91 players and we beat pretty much every playoff team during the season including eventual Super Bowl champs. 
Missing on Wilson (late round pick) during a Covid off-season, having a development guy at OT in the 2nd and injury on your 1st round last year isn't time to riot to me. 

Agreed. Now, if Woods is a big bust, and Farley and Radunz don’t make big strides, then maybe you have my ear on JRob in the hot seat.

But not to call anyone out, but this has been the same conversation for like three offseasons in a row.

”Oh no, they cut all our defensive playmakers! We’re doomed! Fire Robinson!”

Cut to late in the season and the same people say he’s one of the best GMs in the league because of how good we’ve been even without our best players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

But not to call anyone out, but this has been the same conversation for like three offseasons in a row.

It has. Because we’re not getting better. The defense improved to offset the offensive regression, but we are no better than we were three years ago. And I don’t really see us even attempting to go down a path to be better.

At least last year you could make an argument that we were trying. That the complete overhaul of the defense was important and necessary. It ended up with us in the same exact spot, just flipped, but it was an attempt.

This year we’ve done what? Replaced Julio with Robert Woods. Replaced AJ Brown with a relatively raw rookie. Replaced Rodger Saffold with Jamarco Jones. Left the defense untouched. 

What’s the end game here? What are we trying to accomplish?

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It has. Because we’re not getting better. The defense improved to offset the offensive regression, but we are no better than we were three years ago. And I don’t really see us even attempting to go down a path to be better.

At least last year you could make an argument that we were trying. That the complete overhaul of the defense was important and necessary. It ended up with us in the same exact spot, just flipped, but it was an attempt.

This year we’ve done what? Replaced Julio with Robert Woods. Replaced AJ Brown with a relatively raw rookie. Replaced Rodger Saffold with Jamarco Jones. Left the defense untouched. 

What’s the end game here? What are we trying to accomplish?

A week before the Bengals playoff game we were the best team in the AFC, so, I don't know.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

A week before the Bengals playoff game we were the best team in the AFC, so, I don't know.

Yes, we were a good team in a fairly mediocre AFC. And then we lost our first playoff game. At home. Again. We were 12-5 with the 11th best point differential in the NFL. We weren’t any better than 2020 or Tannehill led 2019, the AFC just came back to us for a year and presented a big opportunity. That we didn’t come close to taking advantage of.

And every other competitive team in the AFC saw that opportunity and attempted to add talent. While we’ve traded away one of our best players and only made one even kind of notable addition.

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Should be fun.

honestly, ryan always carries himself well in front of the media. i'm sure PK will ask some ******* questions, but i don't expect any fireworks. he'll say the right things.

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

honestly, ryan always carries himself well in front of the media. i'm sure PK will ask some ******* questions, but i don't expect any fireworks. he'll say the right things.

Circling back to this, think he handled it really well. Given the state of Titans media, I’m not sure a player has faced a harder set of questions during the workout period. Pretty open and honest about everything, including the mental stuff after the Bengals game and the AJ stuff.

Also made a point to mention that he texted Treylon on draft night but he must have missed it so he called and had a good chat on Saturday, since that was also a stupidly dramatic story.