2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

If you say that CB is a need, then you’re either subscribing to the philosophy of never drafting an injured player, or you’re arguing that CB4 is more important than WR2.

I think both of those are ridiculous positions, but you do you.

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If you say that CB is a need, then you’re either subscribing to the philosophy of never drafting an injured player, or you’re arguing that CB4 is more important than WR2.

I think both of those are ridiculous positions, but you do you.

My guy it’s simple football know your personnel build your team based on your identity your philosophy to the style of football you play, this is why I said a month ago we may trade AJ for a 1st rd pick. We are a run 1st team that is our philosophy we’re going to run the ball, control the clock & play sound opportunistic defense. Break it down you’re talking bout WR 2 when our WR 1 avg 5 targets a game. We upgraded at TE, traded for a WR & drafted 2. What type of #s are you expecting from a rookie WR 2 in our offense. But the second 1 of our CB’s get hurt & we have our safety’s play cover 2 all the time & shade help towards the weakest man, here comes the Byard loss a step fire Bowen we literally seen this episode our secondary was so bad we had CB’s playing 10 yards off sitting on routes. Honestly I know you don’t want to hear it from me but you’re putting too much thought into a rookie WR 2 in our style of offense. 

Edited by TitanRedd

Now I do get it you want to see our offense evolve you want to see explosiveness, me too but this is why I call vrabel fisher 2.0 he is stubborn & is going to play 1 way of football. He’s a player coach hold guys accountable but he remains true to his philosophy. 

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Now I do get it you want to see our offense evolve you want to see explosiveness, me too but this is why I call vrabel fisher 2.0 he is stubborn & is going to play 1 way of football. He’s a player coach hold guys accountable but he remains true to his philosophy. 

If your draft pick is adhering to a bad philosophy, then it’s a bad draft pick.

Tell you the dumbest thing Fisher did besides not supporting VY. He wasted McNair MVP season by starting a RB who clearly was a shell of himself & couldn’t no longer hit the hole, who also stated he knew it was his last yr in TN, start over a RB who was clearly better. Eddie George should’ve backed up Chris brown. We had a elite passing attack with a mediocre run game, & the very next season Chris brown rushed for a 1k yards easily. I knew then fisher was a fool. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If your draft pick is adhering to a bad philosophy, then it’s a bad draft pick.

To you though you still can’t answer my question, again what do you expect out of a rookie 2nd rd # 2WR In our style of offense when we didn’t even give our #1 the rock enough. Be realistic stop thinking bout what sounds good on paper. This a franchise that couldn’t figure out how to put Randy Moss & Kenny Britt on the field at the same time. Our best WR tandem I’m history is Mason & Bennett why because we were pushing the ball down the field with a subpar running game 

CB was a need. Sorry but I don’t want to see Skrine and Jackson starting again. Farley and Fulton are injury prone and yes it sucks to say that but that’s what they are. Plus we still have no idea what happens with the 3rd safety role. I feel one of these CBs ends up playing it.

42 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

CB was a need. Sorry but I don’t want to see Skrine and Jackson starting again. Farley and Fulton are injury prone and yes it sucks to say that but that’s what they are. Plus we still have no idea what happens with the 3rd safety role. I feel one of these CBs ends up playing it.

Yea I also think we may use Farley like Ramsey if he can handle it, & that’s the star role, have him play CB in base but S/CB in sun packages based on matchups we’re playing 

14 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Do you guys think Derrick will get another contract with us? Or do you think this will be his last? Obviously these next two years will be telling with health and productivity, but I hope we hold onto him for the majority of his career.

I think he's gone after this contract. I don't forsee us resigning a 30 year with that much usage. But HEnry is a freak so if he doesn't slow down maybe

I think a long term contract is unlikely. If he keeps chugging along, I wouldn’t rule out a one year deal added on.

He could play for longer than some RBs, since he got so little use the first few years of his career.

• Like 1