2021 AFC Championship Game - Kansas City v Cincinnati

ET80

Who wins the AFC?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Cincinnati
    • Kansas City

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Nah. Absolutely no concerns long term. This was basically the first time he's ever not been as clutch as humanly possible in a win or go home playoff game. It was bound to happen eventually. Short of like a career ending injury, nothing could have happened in this game to make me concerned about Mahomes long term. He's young. Just had the worst season of his career and we lost the AFC Championship game in overtime. We're spoiled as all hell right now.

It's not that he lost, it's how he lost that's concerning...his bad habits finally bit him in the *** and it bit him big time.

1 minute ago, Plat2 said:

One came back from 27-3, tied it and his defense blew the game and the other one blew a 21-3 lead.

Yeah the defense that forced 4 turnovers had nothing to do with the comeback, only the very last play.  Both teams lost in part due to bad QB play.  It happens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I see this complaint all the time, but like, why would the announcers not praise greatness? I've seen this so much in regards to them praising Mahomes and it just confuses me. I remember decades of talk about how great Peyton and Brady are, and I'm just sitting there like yes, yes they are.

They overdo it. Like saying you would have thrown the crosser perfectly in stride if you were in a closer game. Cmon man that’s just ridiculous.

If they said it about Manning/Brady I’d feel the same way.

2 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I don't believe this. Great offensive mind that could care less about game management or defense. His defense needs players he draft a RB or WR.

He's only won one SB with the best QB, TE and WR in the game.  He's a character so the sports world loves him. Don't believe the hype!!!

He has flaws but his play design is brilliant. Top 5 offensive mind in the NFL. I’d say that’s brilliant.

Just now, Plat2 said:

It's not that he lost, it's how he lost that's concerning...his bad habits finally bit him in the *** and it bit him big time.

This really isn't an accurate analysis of what happened at all. The vast majority of people commenting on Mahomes have no idea what his actual flaws are. And his bad habits have cropped up intermittently all season. It's nothing really new. But like, that's how that works? You're telling me a player has flaws and that can lose football games? Groundbreaking stuff right there. He also still has an absurd amount of talent, skill, and savvy that will win far more than he ever loses.

• Like 1

Just now, childofpudding said:

People really piling on Mahomes like they didn't see the 1st half or the game last week. Stahp

Its a playoff run where he won 2 games and put up 11 TDs to 3 picks.

The end was very ugly (I still want to hear about why they did not try to score at the end)

2 playoff wins is better than all but 3 other QBs this year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Pats Fan   

Congratulation Bengals

Now people can realize how difficult it is to reach the SB, especially the Chiefs fans. It not as easy as you think.

Don't forget that before Mahomes we had won one playoff game since 1993. So I don't think any Chiefs fan (and I'm not talking about those who jumped on the bandwagon four years ago) should take success for granted. Not after the decades of trash we've been through. 

Also with the AFC looking stacked in young stud QBs yeah this isn't going to be easy year in and year out. 

Anyway kudos to Bengals fans, and enjoy it. I will be rooting for you guys in the SB

• Like 2

Just now, SkippyX said:

Its a playoff run where he won 2 games and put up 11 TDs to 3 picks.

The end was very ugly (I still want to hear about why they did not try to score at the end)

2 playoff wins is better than all but 3 other QBs this year.

They did try to score at the end? They ran multiple pass plays from the goal line. They just executed very poorly.