ET80

Who wins the AFC?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Cincinnati
    • Kansas City

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So, they made it fairly easy for Cinci with their dog poop play calling

The Titans running on early downs isn’t indicative of bad play calling. That is their strength, that is what they do and who they are. The Bengals just did a good job of containing it. I don’t think deviating from the run and putting it in Tannehill’s hands was/is a better idea, either.

6 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Still dealing with Mind Blown on how the Bengals have turned around a bad team so rapidly. From worst team in the league at 2-14 for the 2019 season to the AFC Championship game for the 2021 season. 

This doesn't seem real and yet it's happening. 

Joe Burrow is that dude 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Still dealing with Mind Blown on how the Bengals have turned around a bad team so rapidly. From worst team in the league at 2-14 for the 2019 season to the AFC Championship game for the 2021 season. 

They had the 7th easiest schedule which helped. Still, I think they’re for real but I could see them losing another game or two with a first place schedule. 

58 minutes ago, Xenos said:

And they did a good job with their FA pickups in 2020 and 2021. Most are contributing in some way.

Yeah the only miss we’ve had is Trae Waynes, but that’s mostly due to injury. I’m sure we will cut him and use his salary to upgrade the secondary some more. 

58 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

They had the 7th easiest schedule which helped. Still, I think they’re for real but I could see them losing another game or two with a first place schedule. 

We definitely had some luck and things go are way. But that’s what teams do. Take advantage 

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

And it means nothing for the long-term.

It would surprise nobody if the Browns or Ravens won the division next year. If the Steelers find a QB they would be pretty good too. And of course there are the Chiefs and Bills as well.

Ask the Jaguars what making and losing an AFCCG means when you have a talented, young ascending roster.

So the Bengals better come Sunday like nothing is guaranteed in the future, because it's not. No "oh well I'm happy with the progress" thoughts. Come out and believe they belong and bring it

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

All it takes is the right QB, man.

If you’re a team that doesn’t have one, good luck competing in this league.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

And it means nothing for the long-term.

It would surprise nobody if the Browns or Ravens won the division next year. If the Steelers find a QB they would be pretty good too. And of course there are the Chiefs and Bills as well.

Ask the Jaguars what making and losing an AFCCG means when you have a talented, young ascending roster.

So the Bengals better come Sunday like nothing is guaranteed in the future, because it's not. No "oh well I'm happy with the progress" thoughts. Come out and believe they belong and bring it

The Jags were held back by Blake Bortles after 2017. Call me crazy but I don’t see the same thing happening with Burrow.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

The Jags were held back by Blake Bortles after 2017. Call me crazy but I don’t see the same thing happening with Burrow.

Obviously that's different. The Jaguars were still a team loaded with talent though and I'm guessing after that AFCCG loss, the Jags fans by and large felt confident that their team would achieve consistent success.

That's probably the most recent comparison because of how bad the Bengals were prior to this year.

Go back in time and ask Packers fans how many Super Bowls they'd make - not win, make - after they won one with Rodgers. 

These opportunities are not a given. It would surprise no one of the Bengals finish third next year in their own division. It wouldnt be surprising if the Ravens, Chiefs, Bills, Titans, Colts, Chargers, Browns were the playoff field next year and the Bengals missed the cut.

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Obviously that's different. The Jaguars were still a team loaded with talent though and I'm guessing after that AFCCG loss, the Jags fans by and large felt confident that their team would achieve consistent success.

That's probably the most recent comparison because of how bad the Bengals were prior to this year.

Go back in time and ask Packers fans how many Super Bowls they'd make - not win, make - after they won one with Rodgers. 

These opportunities are not a given. It would surprise no one of the Bengals finish third next year in their own division. It wouldnt be surprising if the Ravens, Chiefs, Bills, Titans, Colts, Chargers, Browns were the playoff field next year and the Bengals missed the cut.

I think as long as Burrow is healthy and they continue bringing in people to protect/help him, I think they can consistently make the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Xenos said:

I think as long as Burrow is healthy and they continue bringing in people to protect/help him, I think they can consistently make the playoffs.

That will be the consensus after this.

My point is, despite the worse QB, people said the same about the Jaguars and given the rosters in their own division, they need to take advantage of being here.

Keys to the game:

Cinci must continue to trust in the talent when Spagz inevitably deploys one on one man coverage. Just like Joey B been doing.

They must protect Burrow better, especially in Arrowhead. Just for his health’s sake.

Force KC mistakes. They won that first game doing just that and must keep up that trend. Chiefs can beat themselves if you let them, although playoffs seem to be a different team in that regard.

On the Chiefs side the safeties have to be disciplined, for the love of god stop letting guys run right past you because the QB is looking at the TE lol.

I know hes great under pressure, so just rush four and drop guys back. Attempt to disguise coverages, make Burrow think instead of lobbing jump balls to Chase. Id honestly treat  Chase like Megatron and deploy two DBs at the line on him.

Offense needs to continue to be a juggernaut, and Mahomes needs to be crisp with the ball. This is gonna be an air raid battle I think between two high powered offenses