2021 AFC Championship Game - Kansas City v Cincinnati

ET80

Who wins the AFC?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Cincinnati
    • Kansas City

48 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They don’t have talent everywhere. And again you named 1 team that it’s worked for.  Playing catch up means you’re always behind, the goal is get ahead of the pack. 

Chiefs have Tyreek, Kelce, Hardman, Jones, Matheiu, Clark

Bengals have Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hendrickson

9ers have Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, Williams, Bosa, Warner

Rams have Stafford, Beckham, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, Miller

Difference makers and talent everywhere, the Chiefs had already been to two SBs by the time they decided to fix their OL. Accumulating talent is how you catch up and set yourself apart.

Edited by Chiefer

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

Chiefs have Tyreek, Kelce, Hardman, Jones, Matheiu, Clark

Bengals have Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hendrickson

9ers have Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, Williams, Bosa, Warner

Rams have Stafford, Beckham, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, Miller

Difference makers and talent everywhere, the Chiefs had already been to two SBs by the time they decided to fix their OL. Accumulating talent is how you catch up and set yourself apart.

You named 6 players on a 53 man roster. 

Also congrats talent means winning, no one could have ever figured that out.

Does 1+1 still equal 2??

I have no idea who to pick in this…

Gut/Hunch: Bengals

Heart: Bengals

Head: Overwhelmingly Chiefs

So 2 outta 3 body parts say Bengals. 

Bengals are my official pick. Just hoping the Chiefs/Bills complete war took a lot out of the Chiefs and that makes the smallest of difference for the Bengals to get the W. 

Edited by BayRaider

17 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Does 1+1 still equal 2??

how did i know this would be the response?😂 stars everywhere means 5-6, not every starter thats just silly. Compared to the Jets who have? Dont worry ill wait

51 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Man I don’t run the Jets you act like it’s up to me. But this thread ain’t for this. 

Were just having a discussion, you suggested one idea i suggested another. 

I think when it cones to the OL, it doesn’t necessarily win you games, but it can certainly be the reason why you lose. 

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Need the Chiefs to win because a Bengals win would continue to push the narrative you shouldn’t build up the O-Line and as a Jets fan arguing for upgrades on the Line this doesn’t bode well for me.

Their line certainly will be a problem if they make the Super Bowl. If it ends like the last Super Bowl did I think the Jets will think to add to their line anyways.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Does 1+1 still equal 2??

idk..  have you tried New Math.     That stuff is confusing,  I'm not sure it does anymore.

Going to be a fun one.  Chiefs definitely the favorite playing in their house, but any time Joe Burrow takes the field you have a punchers chance.

If I were listing out the Bengals stars, i'd say:

Offense: Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, The Jonah
Defense: Hendrickson, Bates, Reader, Awuzie, Wilson (doesn't have the rep yet, but he's a stud going forward as long as he stays healthy)
Special Teams: McPherson (the rook is unflappable)

If they can add in the draft/FA two oline pieces, another CB, and re-sign Bates & Uzomah, they are going to be daaaaaaangerous next year.

• Like 3

How I see the game playing out:

The Chiefs offense will get theirs, no doubt. They should move the ball well, as they do, and get into scoring position quite a bit and putting up points. The goal for Cincinnati will be to make plays on 3rd down and limit their drives to just field goals. And maybe capitalize on a Mahomes mistake or two (see Week 17, 2 dropped INTs). 

On the offensive side for the Bengals, we should be able to move the ball just fine. I do not expect the disaster we saw last week versus Tennessee’s dominant front. While Chris Jones and co. will make plays and apply pressure, I do not expect it to impede this offense from dropping 25-30+ points in a shootout. The KC defense in general does not really worry me. Our WRs outmatch their (banged up) secondary, and I especially like the fact that we should see quite a bit of blitzing from Spagnuolo, which favours Joey B. Also expect to see a healthy dose of Mixon this week. As long as Burrow is in there, we have a fighting chance.

An interesting dynamic will be the kicking competition between McPherson and Butker. McPherson has been ice cold (in a good way), and Butker looked incredibly and, uncharacteristically, shaky last week. Perhaps that will be enough to sway the tide? 

KC 33 - CIN 27

It feels like this is maybe a bridge too far and we’re still a year away from being legit SB contenders. I hope I’m wrong, but as @fluhartz said earlier, I’m proud of this team either way.

• Like 2