Next Step: Head Coach & Coaching Staff

gopherwrestler

Welp, FOMO will get ya. Seems like the Vikings are caught up in chasing the current young coach trend that has more failures than it does success stories. Who will KO bring in at DC to fix the weakest part of the team? He has little to no coaching ties outside of the Rams, and the Rams Defense is far from elite. It has elite players, but its far from elite. 

3 minutes ago, Frank Costello said:

Welp, FOMO will get ya. Seems like the Vikings are caught up in chasing the current young coach trend that has more failures than it does success stories. Who will KO bring in at DC to fix the weakest part of the team? He has little to no coaching ties outside of the Rams, and the Rams Defense is far from elite. It has elite players, but its far from elite. 

Bad to the cellar we go ..

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I assume the tipping point was the proof Bill Belichick sent a text message to the wrong Brian, proof that there is a back way of communication in the NFL and showing that processes are already final before they have ever started.  Brian Flores already lost the HC job before he was even interviewed.  

He did not bring it up because it was not a pattern yet, sure being fired helped but how is it not legally an issue when your owner pays you to lose, pretty easy to provide proof of that one.  Obviously Flores did not get along with that owner and apparently that was a lot of the issue, him not playing Tua or him not losing enough in the end of the season to get a higher draft pick.

I am not sad they did not get Harbaugh what so ever, he is not the dream coach for this organization what so ever.  

I respect Brian Flores and it is the Vikings loss to not even interview the guy and clearly people not only interview people that look like them, they also interview people they worked with because they 'know' them.  That is all Kwesi is doing currently it seems, interview guys he has worked with in the past and that is kind of sad.  Hopefully a lot of that is just he is still new to the position, freaking broaden net a bit.

As I've stated in other threads, the Belichick text doesn't prove anything. We don't even know who Belichick talked to, or if that person was a decision maker. Unless BB has a text that says "We're hiring Dabol because he's white," Flores isn't winning. 

Secondly, Flores won't be able to show damages for not tanking. He kept his job for three seasons after the alleged offer was made. He can say he was fired for not tanking, and that might actually be part of it, but the fact that he had three full seasons afterwards makes that an incredibly tough sell to a court. So it's not legally an issue for Flores. For the NFL? Yes. For the US Government? Yes. Not for Brian Flores. 

The Vikings interviewed a lot of different candidates before Kwesi came on board. Flores was not one of them. So it appears no one in the organization shared your viewpoint that Flores was a "dream coach."

Honestly, outside of the last half of this season, nothing Flores has done screams "dream coach." He certainly did show potential, that I agree with. But he's not even a dream coach for most of the fans on this board. 

So to recap: the Vikings didn't want him before Kwesi. The Vikings didn't want him after Kwesi. The Vikings didn't hire Harbaugh. Seems to me that Kwesi is being very thorough and not making a rash decision. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

The ball is in Minny's court. if they offer, he 100% accepts; that is according to multiple sources who are close to the situation and close to harbaugh's circle. 

Well...I guess not.

I'm not too disappointed. I had no expectations of Harbaugh coming here anyways.