49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

On 5/11/2022 at 2:19 PM, N4L said:

#53 has been in use basically every year since we cut him

Bow was a great player without question, but his tenure was pretty brief. He was only a starter for us for 3 seasons I believe. 

Also - I do not think we are going to "retire" any more numbers. Similar to #44, I think they will hold numbers for players that deserve it, kind of like they do in college 

Wow, they gave out Joe Staley's number to Buford. Thats surprising. 

I was expecting them to give it out at some point, but I am surprised it wasnt reserved for a starter

40 minutes ago, N4L said:

Wow, they gave out Joe Staley's number to Buford. Thats surprising. 

I was expecting them to give it out at some point, but I am surprised it wasnt reserved for a starter

Wow, they gave out Kevin Barlow's number? Disrespectful...

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Was it Kevin or Kevan Barlow? I can't remember, I thought he'd be great, he had like 1 really good year, then did nothing else.

Do not get my name confused with any reference to him.  It was a strange spelling so either Kevan or Kavin, think it was Kevan.

Looks like Danny Gray had himself a good day...Of course this is just rookie minicamp but I hope he is able to use the threat of his speed to be effective not only at the deep ball but also the intermediate game the same way Goodwin was in 2017. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Danny Gray had himself a good day...Of course this is just rookie minicamp but I hope he is able to use the threat of his speed to be effective not only at the deep ball but also the intermediate game the same way Goodwin was in 2017. 

This is exactly who I thought of when we drafted Gray. Good call on that.