2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

If Brett Favre era into Aaron Rodgers is a 10/10, what would a potential Vick into Ryan into Watson be (+1 year of trash to get a good enough pick for Ryan) be? Is it Peyton -> (trash year) -> Luck level good? Better?

Edited by Trojan

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

You can't designate a trade as post June 1. It's based on the actual date.

Im confused i would be trading Richie and Grady in the watson trade this week according to reports those were the players added in our offer.   Then i would hold ryan until june 1st and trade him to the Colts for their picks next year instead of this years draft.   Is their anything against doing that or am i missing something.  With the Watson restructure we could even fit both of them under our current cap until june 1st if that would cause a problem as well lol.

22 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I don’t get it either but there’s a lot of smoke for there to be no fire 🤷‍♂️.

On another note, I wouldn’t hate it if Davis Mills leads the Texans to some relevance as a new Matt Schaub type and Watson struggles on a bad Falcons offence. 

I fully believe for this year their would be some struggles but i think with the amount of cap we have next year we could put a legit offense around him to give him a really good chance of success.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im confused i would be trading Richie and Grady in the watson trade this week according to reports those were the players added in our offer.   Then i would hold ryan until june 1st and trade him to the Colts for their picks next year instead of this years draft.   Is their anything against doing that or am i missing something.  With the Watson restructure we could even fit both of them under our current cap until june 1st if that would cause a problem as well lol.

No, you could do that. Don't think it works well because that's a fairly short time for a player (specifically a qb) to get in tune with a new hc, offense, players, etc 

52 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Gotcha. I thought you meant trade them all now and just try to designate Ryan post June 1st. What you said would work. Not sure how well it'd go over with the fan base, Ryan, cap wise, etc.

26 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Gotcha. I thought you meant trade them all now and just try to designate Ryan post June 1st. What you said would work. Not sure how well it'd go over with the fan base, Ryan, cap wise, etc.

If you are talking about the Falcons fan base if the falcons forum on the real falcons website is any indication i would say it's about 70% for it and 30% against it lol.   I look at it like this i love me some matt ryan but the real window with Ryan is about 2 to 3 more years.  Im not 100% sure the Falcons can go from what we are right now to a SB championship in those 2 to 3 years.  Maybe we can but it's gonna be tough to do so.  Where as with Watson at age 26 thats a 10 year window opened up to build this team anyway you want it and get the cap back on track and put pieces around him.  Would still like to do it within those 2 to 3 years if possible like with Ryan.  But if you do then you got 5 to 7 more after that of winning instead of Ryan leaving right after that for retirement maybe.

This game of musical QBs is pissing me off. Already missing the days where big QB moves were rare AF and usually at the end or very beginning of their careers a la Brady, Brees, and Peyton (and River's fits both, technically) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Falcons could pull it off quite easily as well i have a laid out plan of what it would take for us to get Watson and still be able to build a team over the next 2 years.  I just did it on the Falcons forum but it was a pretty solid plan i think and it's not as bleak as it looks not at all.

Where is at? I just checked and didn't see it. I genuinely would like to see it because I see no reasonable deal that would be good for him.  

2 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

You trade Ryan for 1st and 2nd next year in 2023 from the colts or some team.  Thats a fair value for Ryan or any top vet QB. While allowing the team getting him to keep their picks this year.   

See that was the only unrealistic part of the scenario. 

All that money stuff made sense, but you're not getting that much. 

Depending on being able to spend all that cap down the road is going to put you in potentially some overpriced contracts. Maybe its possible, but idk that tough to envision. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

See that was the only unrealistic part of the scenario. 

All that money stuff made sense, but you're not getting that much. 

Depending on being able to spend all that cap down the road is going to put you in potentially some overpriced contracts. Maybe its possible, but idk that tough to envision. 

You don’t think they could get a 1 and 2 for Matt Ryan? A Quarterback? A good Quarterback?

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You don’t think they could get a 1 and 2 for Matt Ryan? A Quarterback? A good Quarterback?

Not at his age and coming off of a down year. I think they could get a 2nd, max.

• Like 3