2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

25 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

confused wth? GIF

As much as I would love to watch him in horns, I'm not believing any of this or the Gilmore hype until I see a legit source mention it. We do have some money to play with (especially after the AD extension), but I'm not betting on getting either guy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

So the Rams are just becoming the Lakers?

This is how the game works. If no one else wants to pay them well then why not go to the loaded team. Its not new and its not just the NFL where this happens.

• Like 3

Don’t wanna make a thread for this, seems the best place to post it would be here.

This would’ve been awesome to see.

Larry Fitzgerald stated in July on NBC that he “doesn’t know if he’s playing ball this fall” but that he stayed in shape. Evident that he gave up on any plans this past season to play at some point.

but man…. after AB walked out and Godwin was done for the year, with Evans dealing with his own injuries, it made all the sense in the world at the time.

I don’t want the rebuttal of ”he’s cooked”

Breshad Perriman is fast as **** and he’s cooked too lol

but if Fitz wasn’t willing/ready to come back and play in sunny Florida for his former coach, alongside the GOAT, it has to be a wrap on his career (I think most of us already deciphered that even without a formal announcement)

• Like 1

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

So who's he getting traded to @Forge ? This is after all an "elite take" has to mean that right? :)

Akash reported this yesterday and nobody is certain whether he actually followed the niners. I even asked him why he posted it if he wasn't sure lol 

Like, that's some quality stuff  lol

Personally? I hope we are at least kicking the tires on a move (and I would be talking with the Jets given their draft capital and they may be amenable to sending back Corey Davis to the niners which keeps the niners receiver room from being a black hole). I'm not saying I want him to be traded, but they need to at check it out. 49ers fans are overly emotional about Deebo because the style he plays endears him to fans, but paying that guy big money given the injury concerns, prior production issues and future productionconcerns  if you're going to keep him in the same role given the wear and tear (and Lance's ties with Aiyuk and the change in offense under Lance). 

I've had a love / hate relationship with re-signing him for a while now. This last year was a curse and a blessing...it showed what he's capable of doing, but obviously also increased his demand and I think that there's a really good shot that we just saw the best season of his career. That doesn't mean anything in and of itself (it was a really good season, after all), but is he a 1200 receiving yards / 350 rushing yards guy, or a 900 receiving yards / 200 rushing yards guy? That's a huge difference. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Akash reported this yesterday and nobody is certain whether he actually followed the niners. I even asked him why he posted it if he wasn't sure lol 

Like, that's some quality stuff  lol

Personally? I hope we are at least kicking the tires on a move (and I would be talking with the Jets given their draft capital and they may be amenable to sending back Corey Davis to the niners which keeps the niners receiver room from being a black hole). I'm not saying I want him to be traded, but they need to at check it out. 49ers fans are overly emotional about Deebo because the style he plays endears him to fans, but paying that guy big money given the injury concerns, prior production issues and future productionconcerns  if you're going to keep him in the same role given the wear and tear (and Lance's ties with Aiyuk and the change in offense under Lance). 

I've had a love / hate relationship with re-signing him for a while now. This last year was a curse and a blessing...it showed what he's capable of doing, but obviously also increased his demand and I think that there's a really good shot that we just saw the best season of his career. That doesn't mean anything in and of itself (it was a really good season, after all), but is he a 1200 receiving yards / 350 rushing yards guy, or a 900 receiving yards / 200 rushing yards guy? That's a huge difference. 

I'd need Elijah Moore + draft capital back if I'm San Francisco. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd need Elijah Moore + draft capital back if I'm San Francisco. 

I'd assume that Moore is off the table. If he is, then yeah, I definitely want him included over Davis. But I'm happy to take the latter as a throw in.