2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/10/houston-detective-has-testified-that-she-believes-deshaun-watson-committed-crimes/

... remember that time I said "Rusty Hardin totally used his influence and contacts to get Deshaun Watson off of the criminal charges" and particular people (I have on ignore) told me I was "creating a conspiracy theory"?

Welp, looks like my tinfoil hat was spot on.

How may flat earthers does it take to flatten the earth?

Note: This is pointing out the Pittsburgh sized logic flaw, not the possible truth of any testimony.

Fan X thinks Deflate Gate is real. Chris Mortensen proves it with a tweet! ...

How'd that work out?

Edited by SkippyX

2 hours ago, SkippyX said:

How may flat earthers does it take to flatten the earth?

Note: This is pointing out the Pittsburgh sized logic flaw, not the possible truth of any testimony.

Fan X thinks Deflate Gate is real. Chris Mortensen proves it with a tweet! ...

How'd that work out?

Did you even READ anything in either this article or the NY Times article? (Once again - rhetorical, I know you did not).

So here, enjoy:

PFT: 

Baker did not testify during the Harris County grand jury proceedings on nine criminal complaints. She said she was told by Stallings that Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, would have objections to Baker testifying before the grand jury. That’s confusing, because the suspect’s lawyer has no standing whatsoever to object to anything the prosecutor does during the grand jury proceedings.

In the event you question the research methods of PFT, here's the NY Times:

Through a public records request, The Times reviewed the communications between Hardin and the prosecutors in Watson’s criminal cases. These messages revealed extensive communication between the two sides and demonstrated, at the least, the value of a well-paid and well-connected lawyer.

In early 2022, Hardin, a former prosecutor himself, began a regular dialogue with Johna Stallings, the Harris County sex crimes prosecutor handling the Watson investigation. In the two months before two different Texas grand juries heard the criminal cases against Watson, Stallings and Hardin met at Hardin’s office, spoke over the phone 12 times and exchanged more than two dozen text messages, according to public records.

Some of their exchanges were peppered with congenial remarks about cases they were trying. Others were more opaque. One day, Stallings asked Hardin if he could chat. He said he was in trial, then asked, “Any problems?” They spoke over the phone twice that day.

The amount of contact between the prosecutor and the defense was noteworthy, said Njeri Mathis Rutledge, a former Harris County prosecutor who is now a professor at South Texas College of Law Houston.

There are some well-known defense attorneys like a Rusty Hardin that may have gotten a little extra real estate in terms of time, but even given the fact that it was Rusty, that’s still a lot of time,” Rutledge said.

That's at minimum, 36 different contacts (24 texts, 12 phone conversations) in an eight week period. Nobody can tell us WHAT was said, but anyone looking on the outside in can plainly see that Hardin is getting inside the investigation. Multiple legal experts even advise this is a lot. Follow that up with HPD lead detective Kamisha Baker's commentary, and you have to take a logical leap of faith to assume NOTHING happened.

Nobody is going to procure video of Hardin and Stallings in an empty parking garage, smoking cigarettes, wearing trench coats and passing large manilla envelopes and briefcases to each other, but people can put several facts together and see a picture developing. If you need more evidence than this to see how much sway Hardin had over this discussion, then your burden of proof is unrealistic - several legitimate sources who are experts on this process are flat out telling you that you are wrong.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 10:18 AM, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Darius Slayton isn’t even getting reps in practice for the Giants.

id like to see the Ravens bring him in if he’s cut 

I'd like the Raiders to kick the tires on him too, I'd offer a 5th/6th rounder for him. 

He'd be a cheap replacement for Hollywood for you guys.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Seattle and Carolina both still being interested in adding Mayfield is good for Cleveland and the only way they won’t have to pay most of that salary.

They also can generate some value in compensation. In a normal situation, I thought Baker would definitely get a second...but this entire situation has been so FUBAR from the start that it was wreaking havoc on any value he would have had in a vacuum. 

• Like 1

Its weird that they are both waiting so long for a starting QB. You can't just plug a QB in at the last minute.

Tank mode makes little sense for either coach. Pete Carroll is 71 and Rhule might get fired.

it would be interesting if Seattle offers SF a 3 for Jimmy G and Carolina offers them a 4.

He could be throwing in a few weeks ( @Forge may have a better timeline on that)

Do you take the 4 to get him out of division or take the 3 and just deal with it?

11 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Its weird that they are both waiting so long for a starting QB. You can't just plug a QB in at the last minute.

Tank mode makes little sense for either coach. Pete Carroll is 71 and Rhule might get fired.

it would be interesting if Seattle offers SF a 3 for Jimmy G and Carolina offers them a 4.

He could be throwing in a few weeks ( @Forge may have a better timeline on that)

Do you take the 4 to get him out of division or take the 3 and just deal with it?

You take the 3rd but you also consider which team is willing to take more of his salary. Because there is a scenario that even a scenario where out right releasing him makes more sense than getting a 4th rounder for him while being on hook for half his salary. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You take the 3rd but you also consider which team is willing to take more of his salary. Because there is a scenario that even a scenario where out right releasing him makes more sense than getting a 4th rounder for him while being on hook for half his salary. 

In no way, shape or form should the 49ers be eating any salary. His money is not guaranteed after he's healthy. Jimmy and his new team find a financial figure that makes sense for him and them and they renegotiate his salary for the year to be lowered to that amount. In exchange, the team can agree not to be able to tag him next year. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

In no way, shape or form should the 49ers be eating any salary. His money is not guaranteed after he's healthy. Jimmy and his new team find a financial figure that makes sense for him and them and they renegotiate his salary for the year to be lowered to that amount. In exchange, the team can agree not to be able to tag him next year. 

I mean I would have preferred he would have been released in April, even if we had to eat the injury guarantee of 7.5M for now lol.

But I can see this team still preferring a draft pick rather than just out right releasing him. I don't agree with that as the additional cap space will be more valuable than a 4th round pick.