2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

If the Browns best offer so far is to eat 12 million of Bakers salary for a 4th round pick then they should just keep him and wait on injuries or bad performance. 7 million is nothing to risk a later draft pick payday.

Worst case they get the compensation when he signs with another team next year.

I still think Jimmy G is by far the best QB on the 49ers so factor that into what they do.

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

If the Browns best offer so far is to eat 12 million of Bakers salary for a 4th round pick then they should just keep him and wait on injuries or bad performance. 7 million is nothing to risk a later draft pick payday.

I still think Jimmy G is by far the best QB on the 49ers so factor that into what they do.

So in essence, the Watson effect?

Texans pay Watson for the entire 2021 season to sit home.

Browns pay Baker the entire 2022 season to sit home because they signed Watson.

Just move on and stop playing hardball when you have ZERO leverage. If for nothing else to get rid of the 24/7 non stop media coverage that will occur about Baker still being a Brown but not attending camp nor any pre season and regular season games. 

Why on Earth would any intelligent FO/Coaching staff want Browns players having to deal with and answer those questions on a daily, weekly basis? In hopes they get a 3rd instead of a 4th? Just move on, cut your loses and remove the impending circus distraction.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

@Nabbs4u similar but with a much smaller payday

You give a free player to another team while you pay that player 19 million. This is a great reason not to just move on.

Baker is an insignificant player and an insignificant distraction. A Browns player reacting to Baker trying to make it all about him? It must be Tuesday.

Edited by SkippyX

16 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Baker's value decreases the longer they hold him because I'm sure whoever trades for him is going to want him at OTAs and training camp.

On 6/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, SkippyX said:

Its weird that they are both waiting so long for a starting QB. You can't just plug a QB in at the last minute.

Tank mode makes little sense for either coach. Pete Carroll is 71 and Rhule might get fired.

it would be interesting if Seattle offers SF a 3 for Jimmy G and Carolina offers them a 4.

He could be throwing in a few weeks ( @Forge may have a better timeline on that)

Do you take the 4 to get him out of division or take the 3 and just deal with it?

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Honestly the timeline to pass a physical is the key landmark.   After that we’ll see what the 49ers really think.  

I know you & pretty much every 49er fan knows this but more on what it really means for the rest of the teams and his market. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If 49ers end up keeping Jimmy and he starts, I will hate Shanahan and Lynch for all of eternity

I don't expect that to happen, but if it does, the truth is that it would be for a damn good reason (IE, Trey Sucks at this point) 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't expect that to happen, but if it does, the truth is that it would be for a damn good reason (IE, Trey Sucks at this point) 

Yeah especially because Jimmy hasn't even participated in OTAs, IIRC?

On 6/25/2022 at 12:50 AM, NYRaider said:

Baker's value decreases the longer they hold him because I'm sure whoever trades for him is going to want him at OTAs and training camp.

OTAs and mandatory minicamp are over for all 32 teams anyways.

Just TC and preseason now, so his value won’t decrease much for a couple weeks.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1