2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

10 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Getting Jimmy G would screw up the Seahawks rebuild I don’t see it happening personally 

People keep assuming that they are in a rebuild, but do we really think that 71 year old Pete Carroll has any interest in that? I think the belief is mostly that they moved off Russ because he was pretty much done with the franchise (that's the indication you get when you listen to the press conference they had after the trade), but they haven't really done a whole lot outside of that to indicate that they are in any sort of rebuild. They extended DK, they didn't move Lockett before his option bonus came due and they didn't draft a QB this year. 

i believe that people consider them to be in a rebuild because they had to trade Russ, but I'm not sure the team / front office believe that is the situation that they are currently in. 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

There's been a lot of talk about this in the Twitter world, hope it happens because we are in desperate need. 

Its definitely an easy fit. 

That said, I feel like Wynn will have a number of suitors, so probably sifting through best trade options. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It's such a cruel business 

It's why I'm always a supporter of players holding out and getting theirs whenever they get a chance. 

I'm still floored that Jimmy and his agent haven't previously pushed for his release or started to make a stink. Don't know if it would make a difference, but damn, make the team uncomfortable lol 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's why I'm always a supporter of players holding out and getting theirs whenever they get a chance. 

I'm still floored that Jimmy and his agent haven't previously pushed for his release or started to make a stink. Don't know if it would make a difference, but damn, make the team uncomfortable lol 

49ers aren't doing anything against the rules and yet somehow it feels so wrong lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

People keep assuming that they are in a rebuild, but do we really think that 71 year old Pete Carroll has any interest in that? I think the belief is mostly that they moved off Russ because he was pretty much done with the franchise (that's the indication you get when you listen to the press conference they had after the trade), but they haven't really done a whole lot outside of that to indicate that they are in any sort of rebuild. They extended DK, they didn't move Lockett before his option bonus came due and they didn't draft a QB this year. 

i believe that people consider them to be in a rebuild because they had to trade Russ, but I'm not sure the team / front office believe that is the situation that they are currently in. 

I believe they are in one, retooling may be a better word for it. Maybe even competitive rebuild 

Their offense has the start of being something special. They gotta have some weapons for their QBotF (why I think they extended DK) that they’ll be drafting this year, DK, Tyler Lockett and Noah Fant is a good starting point along with them drafting Kenneth Walker and the hopeful progression of their OL with drafting tackles in the 1st and 3rd rounds this year and last years 3rd round pick in Damien Lewis who was pretty good iirc last year for being a 3rd round rookie. They will get to pick who they want at QB this year if they stay with Drew Lock and Geno, say picking in the top 5 but if they go out and get Jimmy G they be drafting around the 11-15 range and would have to give up assets to get a QB because Jimmy is a pretty good QB imo and could lead that team to 7-9 wins.

And that defense is still HOT trash, one of the worst if not THE worst in the league. 

Edited by mattyice0401

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The worst thing to happen to an org that needs to rebuild is having a HC & GM that can’t see it.    It just prolongs the rebuild phase.   IMO that’s exactly what is happening in SEA like it happened last year in CHI & ATL.   Def can see that Pete Carroll would want JimmyG to help win now.  It’s more the FO that has to intervene.  But they won’t.   

And while he’s not good enough to get teams over the top on his own - he’d be enough of a clear upgrade it would probably mean 2-3 more W’s this year.  But that also likely gets them out of prime range for a top draft QB next year.   Talk about a Pyrrhic victory in that case. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The worst thing to happen to an org that needs to rebuild is having a HC & GM that can’t see it.    It just prolongs the rebuild phase.   IMO that’s exactly what is happening in SEA like it happened last year in CHI & ATL.   Def can see that Pete Carroll would want JimmyG to help win now.  It’s more the FO that has to intervene.  But they won’t.   

I think that is pretty close.  But I think they know that this season they are going to take it on the chin.  But I think they also think a lot higher of the team that they have than everyone else does.  I think that they think they will get a top 5 pick, have top 5 cap space next season, then immediately compete.  It happened once with a great draft in 2012, why not again?