2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

Were you guys trying him at guard or tackle this off season? 

For the most RT but some RG too. He has absolutely no business being a Tackle though. Watch some tape from last week's game and see how brutal he was an ultimately benched.

Dude has such poor body language and there have been rumblings about pressure getting to him. He might suffice playing purely G and where there won't be so many expectations.

I have no hope for him as a Raider at this point in time sadly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Isn't he going to start on the Jaguars, though(?). This doesn't make any sense. All reports are that he has looked good. That line needs to be able to protect Lawrence. I don't see a trade happening.

Him and Jawaan have had a pretty equal battle in camp, so I’m not sure if he’ll start. If he doesn’t/didn’t I’d expect him to take over eventually though.

He also says at the end he doesn’t expect the Jaguars to entertain it, just that he’s on the Cowboys list of external options. Which makes sense (as LT is a more natural fit for him too).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For the most RT but some RG too. He has absolutely no business being a Tackle though. Watch some tape from last week's game and see how brutal he was an ultimately benched.

Dude has such poor body language and there have been rumblings about pressure getting to him. He might suffice playing purely G and where there won't be so many expectations.

I have no hope for him as a Raider at this point in time sadly.

I think a lot of the Leatherwood issue for the Raiders is he is a left tackle that needs to develop strength and we've shoehorned him into flipping his footwork and trying to be a bulldozer. At a 3y/1-2mil per type deal post-trade I'd think he'd be a good developmental reserve LT for a team with an older guy at the position locked in. Like to the 49ers to groom behind Trent for a couple years and see if he develops and flip for a higher pick, or extend. His value is probably low enough for it to make sense. Stop sticking him on the right side though. Left tackle and relearn the footwork and hopefully gain strength as he approaches his mid-20s.

37 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Him and Jawaan have had a pretty equal battle in camp, so I’m not sure if he’ll start. If he doesn’t/didn’t I’d expect him to take over eventually though.

He also says at the end he doesn’t expect the Jaguars to entertain it, just that he’s on the Cowboys list of external options. Which makes sense (as LT is a more natural fit for him too).

Considering Taylor is a FA this year i think Little allows us to just let him walk

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why is Rookie LT Tyler Smith who Dallas drafted out of Tulsa not the obvious solution? Please don't tell me it's because he was cross training and expected to possibly start at LG?

I thought the idea was always for him to be a guard. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why is Rookie LT Tyler Smith who Dallas drafted out of Tulsa not the obvious solution? Please don't tell me it's because he was cross training and expected to possibly start at LG?

Hasnt Zach Martin played LT before and done very well out there? Maybe I’m imagining that