2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

16 minutes ago, UncleAdamz said:

What kind of pick do you think he is worth? It’s a bit unfortunate that we might be trading him after a down season (for him at least), but there’s likely no use in keeping him around for another year.

I think you could get back a second maybe.  Julio was traded for a second and he was long in the tooth as well.  If I were the Giants, I wouldn't look into at least. If not a second, certainly a third. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think you could get back a second maybe.  Julio was traded for a second and he was long in the tooth as well.  If I were the Giants, I wouldn't look into at least. If not a second, certainly a third. 

2nd is probably high end.  Injuries,  suspension history,  wanting a new contract hurt his value

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

2nd is probably high end.  Injuries,  suspension history,  wanting a new contract hurt his value

I would think Amari is kinda the comp trade. Browns would also make sense as the destination in some ways lol. Use John Johnson III money to attempt to make the Watson trade work the best it can.

11 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I would think Amari is kinda the comp trade. Browns would also make sense as the destination in some ways lol. Use John Johnson III money to attempt to make the Watson trade work the best it can.

The reason why I don't use Amari as the comp trade is because it was already out there that he was going to be cut and then they traded him after the fact. Thats the Anquan Boldin thing too.  

I'm assuming that this is a situation where Arizona is like "yeah, we are going to try and trade him, but we aren't going to cut him just because" which makes me think more Julio 

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Definitely depends on if he gets a new contract. We've seen that nerf his value once before, it could certainly do it again. If there's no new deal, 2/34 is a good rate for him for a team. 

1 hour ago, UncleAdamz said:

What kind of pick do you think he is worth? It’s a bit unfortunate that we might be trading him after a down season (for him at least), but there’s likely no use in keeping him around for another year.

I’m not really sure how it’d work with his cap hits (maybe @Forge would know better), that plays a big part of it IMO. 

If he does want to be extended and you can play with the numbers/hits, I’d really consider a second as NE. Even with an older Hopkins, who is still a high end receiver for now, NE’s weapons go from “uninspiring” to “pretty dangerous”. 

EDIT: Makes me think who else could be available from Arizona with a clean slate. Kyler probably won’t be healthy until late 2023. Not exactly a team ripe with talent, but a guy like Budda Baker’s extremely attractive if they’re going for a full fire sale.

Edited by Yin-Yang

Also is interesting considering we don’t actually have a real GM right now, makes you wonder if it is Bidwill calling the shots. If it isn’t Bidwill making this decision then we might just be moving forward with Adrian Wilson as GM. Also could just be a rumor without much substance.

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Hop, Allen and Williams/Hop, Ridley, Kirk and Zay would all be filthy WR cores.

I agree, but you would have to move Zay.  Or someone.  That's too many mouths to feed in the passing game with 4 WRs + Engram.  Jags IMO are better off sitting still with their group (Ridley and Kirk will be a filthy duo) and improving in other areas.

Just realized Engram is a 1 year deal though.  Do you expect the Jags to re-sign him?

I also think the Chargers would be wise to move on from Williams or Allen in that scenario.  Hopkins/Williams/Allen looks great on paper but I wonder how well they would complement each other on the field.  Not to mention Ekeler who eats so many targets as is.  

Edited by iknowcool

16 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Kind of don't like the fit for either. Both could use someone to break the roof of a defense. That said, it's hopkins, so you just make it work regardless of the styles, but I think there's probably some diminishing returns there, tbh

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I agree, but you would have to move Zay.  Or someone.  That's too many mouths to feed in the passing game with 4 WRs + Engram.

Just realized Engram is a 1 year deal though.  Do you expect the Jags to re-sign him?

I also think the Chargers would be wise to move on from Williams or Allen in that scenario.  Hopkins/Williams/Allen looks great on paper but I wonder how well they would complement each other on the field.  Not to mention Ekeler who eats so many targets as is.  

I don’t think Hopkins to the Jags happens but it’s cool to hear someone actually wants to go to Jax, especially a player of his caliber. Like you said a lot of mouths to feed and I think Engram will be brought back. He’s been great for us and he seems to love Jax. One of the hardest workers on the team. Zay essentially has one year left on his deal. Can save 8M if they released him after 2023 but he’s been a good #2 this year. Just a little inconsistent. 

Jags should focus on beefing up the interior OL, mainly LG but I wouldn’t blame them for going all in with Trevor on his rookie deal. 

Maybe a Zay/picks for Hopkins swap. Idk, just spitballing.