2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

2 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

They don’t get mentioned much but I feel like the Falcons are lowkey the most directionless franchise in the league right now.

If they trade for Lamar it would actually work on O.   Running power O scheme with Arthur Smith at the helm, Pitts and London as the main guys, Pruitt as the 2nd TE.    

it’s the perfect fit for both teams - BAL can move on with significant draft capital and this is the year you can get a vet QB and not suffer through growing pains with a rookie, while ATL can address QB and play to win now  in a division that’s wide open for the taking.  They’re probably willing to pay Lamar too, and it moves him to the NFC.   Lamar gets to compete right away in the NFCS and get paid.

it’s such a logical match if BAL isn’t willing to come off their position of not guaranteeing Lamar’s contract.  Of course that’s probably why it will never happen.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

If they trade for Lamar it would actually work on O.   Running power O scheme with Arthur Smith at the helm, Pitts and London as the main guys, Pruitt as the 2nd TE.    

it’s the perfect fit for both teams - BAL can move on with significant draft capital and this is the year you can get a vet QB and not suffer through growing pains, while ATL can address QB and play to win now  in a division that’s wide open for the taking.  They’re probably willing to pay Lamar too, and it moves him to the NFC.   Lamar gets to compete right away in the NFCS and get paid.

it’s such a logical match if BAL isn’t willing to come off their position of not guaranteeing Lamar’s contract.  Of course that’s probably why it will never happen.  

That would be a good fit for Lamar. 

Atlanta with Arthur Smith is a perfect spot for Lamar. Arthur Blank is also impatient and wants a quick turnaround.

They tried to trade for Watson last year and the team is in a better spot to make a trade this year.

Atlanta can also send an intriguing young QB to Baltimore as part of a package. Not exactly a great piece mind you, but a longshot lottery ticket.

22 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Atlanta with Arthur Smith is a perfect spot for Lamar. Arthur Blank is also impatient and wants a quick turnaround.

They tried to trade for Watson last year and the team is in a better spot to make a trade this year.

Atlanta can also send an intriguing young QB to Baltimore as part of a package. Not exactly a great piece mind you, but a longshot lottery ticket.

I have to believe BAL would rather get a vet.   They’re good enough to contend right now.   I’d guess they’d want more draft capital than a 24 year old Ridder that still very limited but that’s me.   

But yes if there’s a trade happening it’s hard to see anyone but ATL as an ideal fit.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I have to believe BAL would rather get a vet.   They’re good enough to contend right now.   I’d guess they’d want more draft capital than a 24 year old Ridder that still very limited but that’s me.   

But yes if there’s a trade happening it’s hard to see anyone but ATL as an ideal fit.  

I wasn't saying the package should be centered around Ridder. Just that he's a young QB that could be thrown in and given a chance to compete for the job. They would obviously need to throw in multiple 1sts and 2nds/3rds.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

it’s the perfect fit for both teams - BAL can move on with significant draft capital and this is the year you can get a vet QB and not suffer through growing pains with a rookie, while ATL can address QB and play to win now  in a division that’s wide open for the taking.  They’re probably willing to pay Lamar too, and it moves him to the NFC.   Lamar gets to compete right away in the NFCS and get paid.

This is actually a very intriguing scenario.

Where do you all see some of these players going this year?

DL JAVON HARGRAVE, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

S JESSIE BATES III, CINCINNATI BENGALS

CB JAMEL DEAN, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

DL DARON PAYNE, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

LB DAVID LONG, TENNESSEE TITANS

RB JOSH JACOBS, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS, BUFFALO BILLS

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Where do you all see some of these players going this year?

DL JAVON HARGRAVE, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Bears

S JESSIE BATES III, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Patriots

CB JAMEL DEAN, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Cowboys

DL DARON PAYNE, WASHINGTON COMMANDERS

Bears

LB DAVID LONG, TENNESSEE TITANS

Titans

RB JOSH JACOBS, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

Bills