2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, minutemancl said:

The guy who would have done that is in Cape Cod yelling about computer people, far away from the Giants organization, thank god.

As long as he's healthy, Chark was a true X receiver for us with speed. 

I'm sure that's a hollow statement for a Giants fan, but I do think he's pretty good and someone will get a good receiver with him.

2 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I'm sure that's a hollow statement for a Giants fan, but I do think he's pretty good and someone will get a good receiver with him.

I'd rather give that money to Darius Slayton, honestly.

10 minutes ago, General Tso said:

He’s played 14 games the last two years.

37 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Do you think this becomes fire sale? Or do the Rams still try to retool instead of rebuild? 

Not sure what the cap impact would be if the Rams went whole firesale; trading Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Wagner & Ramsey 

If Ramsey is truly on the market, i think he goes for at least a 1st. Still only 29 next season

There are some strong rumors, take for what you will, that McVay leaving will cause AD to retire. Stafford has said he’ll be back regardless but that can change. One of the few traceable asserts we have of value is Ramsey so he could be out as well as Floyd . It could be a rebuild. 

There is also some speculation that a first we get for Ramsey could be sent for Payton and that would keep AD and Stafford. Snead to me seems like a GM Payton could work with and we restart from there. 

There really are so many questions we just are speculating on right now but yes if McVay leaves it could be a fire sale. We could also promote Morris there’s a lot of talk that Kevin Demoff and Kroenke like him. We’re all just waiting on McVay

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

What do you think it would take to get him?

A first and fourth is the first thing that comes to mind for me. Others may think more but while he’s still good he has some big cap hits until he’s 31, just not sure on the guaranteed right now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this… Are we going to speculate here?

If he's gone, that's the landing spot for Brady, imo

He could just be talking about the season looking at it, but weird timing

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I hate to say it but hopefully it’s what it looks like. It’s unfortunate for Tua as the future looked bright but with how serious CTE is and the worries surrounding concussions…….. seems like the smart decision. 

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

3 hours ago, Forge said:

If he's gone, that's the landing spot for Brady, imo

He could just be talking about the season looking at it, but weird timing

33 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I hate to say it but hopefully it’s what it looks like. It’s unfortunate for Tua as the future looked bright but with how serious CTE is and the worries surrounding concussions…….. seems like the smart decision. 

It's probably just talking about seasons.   I mean, if he knew someone else was coming in, he'd be unfollowing MIA, scrubbing his IG/Twitter feeds from all things Dolphins.     

Given the penalties they incurred, it would be kinda wild if TB12 made his way to Miami though (and an indirect admission of guilt with tampering for the first episode - it's moot, given they already were penalized for it).    It would be a massive indictment of Tua's concussion risk if this happened, though, given how hard McDaniel has worked to back and rebuild Tua (and a sign of how much control Grier / Ross have over the team day-to-day operations - which in theory a GM should have, but I'd trust McDaniel's judgment in how best to deploy the MIA O personnel wise 100x over than Grier).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1