2022 Player movement rumors (Free agency / Trades)

Forge

Just now, Trojan said:

They both are on one year deals (Haskins/Rudolph), and Haskins was just resigned. I would think they'd try and trade Rudolph if possible.

Haskins is on a 1 year $2.5 mill RFA tender….it’s not guaranteed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As a Ravens fan, I love the Trubiski signing for Pittsburgh! @MWil23 what do the Browns think of this?

The Steelers should be smart and gear more towards next year anyways…they’ll have $100 mill in cap room and spend this year upgrading the lines and the secondary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFF said:

Haskins is on a 1 year $2.5 mill RFA tender….it’s not guaranteed.

2.5 mil for Haskins that has a year in the system and arm talent? unless he still didn't take his career seriously in Pitt (why tender him at that point) that's a heck of a deal. Ruldoph being cut/traded is 3mil in savings.

Just now, AFF said:

The Steelers should be smart and gear more towards next year anyways…they’ll have $100 mill in cap room and spend this year upgrading the lines and the secondary.

They signed Trubisky, so it's seems like that is what they are doing. 

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

They both are on one year deals (Haskins/Rudolph), and Haskins was just resigned. I would think they'd try and trade Rudolph if possible.

Just now, Trojan said:

2.5 mil for Haskins that has a year in the system and arm talent? unless he still didn't take his career seriously in Pitt (why tender him at that point) that's a heck of a deal. Ruldoph being cut/traded is 3mil in savings.

Disregarding that there's likely no market for either player, Rudolph might be a terrible QB but he's still in a totally different league from Haskins.

• Like 1

Just now, Trojan said:

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised either way I guess but I think you're very much overestimating Haskins. This move for Trubisky makes it clear that neither Haskins or Rudolph are viewed as an acceptable bridge QB and aren't really in the future plans of the team.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Would have to see the money, but didn't they just let go of Eddie Goldman, presumably to clear the way for this.  Feels a bit like-for-like and doesn't really move the needle much; just kind of flavor of the week kind of thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised either way I guess but I think you're very much overestimating Haskins. This move for Trubisky makes it clear that neither Haskins or Rudolph are viewed as an acceptable bridge QB and aren't really in the future plans of the team.

I agree, which is why I think they would go with the cheaper option

I can't wait to see the money on the Trubisky deal. His 1 year doing nothing in Buffalo really rehabilitated his image. A lot of people straight up forgot he is a bad QB. There are definitely positive traits there, but overall he is a bad QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I can't wait to see the money on the Trubisky deal. His 1 year doing nothing in Buffalo really rehabilitated his image. A lot of people straight up forgot he is a bad QB. There are definitely positive traits there, but overall he is a bad QB.

I wonder if teams that liked Justin Fields saw him struggle in Chicago with more or less the same supporting cast and forgave Trubisky a little bit.

• Like 2