Chances Brady Comes Back?

x0x

Chances Brady Un-Retires?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What odds do you give to the GOAT pulling a Jordan?

• 100% he comes back, either 2023 or 2024.
    • 50% chance, depends on circumstances
    • 0% chance, he's done for good on the field

1 hour ago, 43M said:

At this point, the only thing he can do is HURT his legacy by coming back.   In reality, he shouldve retired after winning SB LV.    After that, he literally had nothing left he could prove.

There arent many TEAM sport players with a more complete resume than Tom Brady.

Plus, Giselle wants him to retire and he wants more time with his family.

ZERO chance he comes back.

Brady wouldnt walk away unless he was sure.

I think he stayed to break the passing yards record and maybe be the first QB to repeat in the Super Bowl since...himself in 2003-04.

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 3

Pretty simple - if the TAM QB gets seriously injured and they’ve got a legit shot to contend - then nothing is out of the question.   But it’s going to have to be Tampa.    

Given how good the Bucs’  OL is and how protected QB’s are in general,  obviously these are pretty long odds.  But never say never, unless TB12 pulls a White Goodman post-retirement.  

Logically should be 0. But I've Jordan come back when he shouldn't have. 

The big thing is that since he essentially still went out at a high level, there's always going to be that "what if". He's not one of those guys that declined past the expiration point and knows he's washed. I could see a year or two from now him feeling great and thinking "hmm my kids are a bit older and starting to do their own thing, I can come back and see what I can do for a year or so". 

Especially as others said, if some team is a contender and a QB goes down mid season or early in the season and Brady thinks he can make a run with them. 

I put it at about 10%. I mean Favre was totally washed when he left and we still had multiple years of "will he/won't he" before people finally accepted way too much time passed and he wouldn't even get a real shot. But let's be real, say the Rams retain this team next year and all of a sudden Stafford goes down. Brady bringing his family to LA for a year and taking over a newer franchise to give it a boost and win with a team that is loaded to the gills and storyline wise would be him winning with a team he beat twice.... I could see that being an interesting quest for him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HERBO said:

0% giselle will not let him come back. Plus if he sits out a couple years it’s going to be tough at his age to just get off the Couch hand play again 

Tough is an understatement.  Hes had an incredible career, but making a comeback at 46 after couch sitting, he might really be Jesus after all 

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W8WeTNBeWA

Phenomenal watch I swear. I constantly forget the Jordan "0.1%" comment and this was after Repeat Threepeat and in the NBA no less over 3 years of no play.

I think everyone will be watching what the Bucs and other teams within the sphere of realism do or their QB health situation over the next 2 seasons. Favre was in no way NEAR as prolific or dependable as Brady and yet at 39, 40, 41, 42+ he was still being considered. THINK about that. A would be 39 year old Marino in 2000 was being wooed by the Vikings and I urge people to look up his last few seasons for comparison and again in 2000.

Drew Brees at 42 was just recently asked by Payton.

His kids are 9, 12 and 15 which are certainly interesting ages but Montana's kids for comparison were 2, 5, 8 & 9 and he was certainly less capable of continuing at a high level when he retired. I just don't think the children's ages are as big of a deal as people make it out to be, certainly at this point where he's played all these additional years and still on top.

Next 2 seasons will be Brady Watch.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I think Brady wants to play he just doesn’t want to play for Tampa anymore. Something happened this season that soured him on that coaching staff. 

This. The guy has said for years he intends to play into his mid-40's. 

People severely underestimate how pathological Tom Brady is. Nothing left to accomplish? Give me a break. He doesn't care. Winning has been so easy for him for so long it's just what he lives for.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

I think Brady wants to play he just doesn’t want to play for Tampa anymore. Something happened this season that soured him on that coaching staff. 

Possibly but I would imagine the threat of Leftwich leaving would have played a role.. Doubt he would like a new OC for the last year of his contract.