Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

what? He literally lived while Obi-wan was waiting for the force field to drop, then a full fight with Maul with enough life left to tell Obi-wan he is ready to be a jedi and to train anakin. you trippin 

No that was Sabé. She was the decoy for all major characters 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

On the second rewatch, a stormtrooper in the background said there’s no way around it 

I must have missed that piece of dialogue, but the way the scene was set up, it definitely seemed like just a very small obstacle that the show constructed to allow for "Major conflict between protagonist and antagonist!" and then separating them again, given we know future events.

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

On the second rewatch, a stormtrooper in the background said there’s no way around it 

Doesn't need to be a way around it...Vader had literally just used the force to put the fire out like 2 minutes earlier... No logical reason why he couldn't just do it again. 

I like the show but yeah there are definitely some things that require you not to think too much.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, D82 said:

Not in that initial entrance scene. Unless I missed them. Just saw a bunch of Stormtroopers laying around

I saw one or two drop during the fight. The part that really got me was when the stormtroopers were all inside, O’Shea Jackson’s character shoots one of them point black with 15 storm troopers in front of him and he doesn’t get hit lol.

also Vader stopping the decoy ship was cool but where the hell did the other one come from. Did it just fly perfectly on the side matching its movements lmao?

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Also I get that we k ow Vader is alive in the future, but wouldn’t it have been easier for a reva to just point the lightsaber at vaders back and turn it on. Turn have her turn it on away from him and then try and over head swing makes it look so dumb

She needed the momentum in order for the lightsaber to penetrate the skin.

47 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:
2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Also I get that we k ow Vader is alive in the future, but wouldn’t it have been easier for a reva to just point the lightsaber at vaders back and turn it on. Turn have her turn it on away from him and then try and over head swing makes it look so dumb

She needed the momentum in order for the lightsaber to penetrate the skin.

And the metal springs in the base wouldn’t be able to fully extend the laser out if it hit his back. Then she’d be left with half a laser sword 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

-Somehow a small fire between Kenobi and Vader is enough to stop Vader dead in his tracks (when he burned him and could have easily finished him off)

IIRC didn't Vader use the force to put the fire out earlier in the scene before the girl's blaster reignited it?

I think Vader's decision to let Kenobi escape when he easily could've killed him was to highlight how sadistic he has become. If he killed him then and there he would've ended Kenobi's fear and suffering just moments after he even realized that he was still alive and looking for him. He was extremely afraid of the Inquisitors finding him, Vader takes that fear to another level. And for Vader I think that making Kenobi suffer is more important than actually killing him since that's what he feels Kenobi did to him.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Doesn't need to be a way around it...Vader had literally just used the force to put the fire out like 2 minutes earlier... No logical reason why he couldn't just do it again. 

He also could've dragged Kenobi through the fire like he had just did a few moments earlier or dragged the droid and Kenobi back to him as well. As I said in my previous post I think that he's just toying with Kenobi at this point.

• Like 1