Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+) New episodes on Wednesday

Acgott

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

The Grand Inquisitor needs some work on his face though. 

I'm not overly concerned on the look for him as long as the character is done well, he was a pretty decent nemesis in season 1 of Rebels.

I was all in before, and this trailer did nothing to dispel that.  Loved bringing back Duel of the Fates for the teaser.

• Like 1

I love the concept of looking for do gooders to unearth the Jedi.  Joel Edgerton is a very undrrrated actor so he’s a big plus.  Not feeling Reva’s Vader knockoff look but curious to get a look at the Inquisitors. I’m hoping we get to see at least one scene with Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine. I can’t front tho… the Tattoine fatigue is strong. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I love the concept of looking for do gooders to unearth the Jedi.  Joel Edgerton is a very undrrrated actor so he’s a big plus.  Not feeling Reva’s Vader knockoff look but curious to get a look at the Inquisitors. I’m hoping we get to see at least one scene with Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine. I can’t front tho… the Tattoine fatigue is strong. 

It's wild that in all the universe, 90% of everything seems to happen on this one planet.

• Like 5

Happy to have him back

I think I’m wary of Star Wars on D+ now. Like there is a lot of great stuff, but usually when something feels a little low budget it stays that way. Not all of this did, just parts.

Kinda wish they didn’t do the masturbatory press on the projection set because now all I think about is how small and set like everything feels. On second watch there was a lot more wide shots with room to breath, but there a certain feel those scenes have that take me out of it a bit.

Wary of the Inquisitors. Seemed a little goofy and not as intimidating as they probably should. But not going to be too harsh before seeing them in the scenes.

22 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm not overly concerned on the look for him as long as the character is done well, he was a pretty decent nemesis in season 1 of Rebels.

I was all in before, and this trailer did nothing to dispel that.  Loved bringing back Duel of the Fates for the teaser.

Surprised we didn’t have more Duel of the Fates usage in other movies/shows since that was one of the few good things about Phantom.

20 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Star Wars has a Tatooine problem, that much is sure.

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Star Wars has a Tatooine problem, that much is sure.

Filoni and Favrau seem hesitant to introduce new characters in an unfamiliar setting. If we're lucky, Obi-Wan gets "off world" to draw the inquisitors away from Luke for a good part of this story.  It does make sense though that is at the very least where this series starts as we know Obi-Wan is watching over Luke. And when you have a chance to bring back Joel Edgerton, you do it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Filoni and Favrau seem hesitant to introduce new characters in an unfamiliar setting. If we're lucky, Obi-Wan gets "off world" to draw the inquisitors away from Luke for a good part of this story.  It does make sense though that is at the very least where this series starts as we know Obi-Wan is watching over Luke. And when you have a chance to bring back Joel Edgerton, you do it.

Yeah with this one there really no getting around it, we know that’s where this story has to begin and end.

But going forward, with any of the new shows or movies…I hope they realize it can (and probably should) go on the shelf for a little while.

• 3 weeks later...