Will the KO Offense be a Knock Out?

vike daddy

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin O'Connell (Vikings)

Record: 13-4

By nature of their improbable point differential, and the fact their few losses have been total clunkers, it's hard to assess whether O'Connell has actually turned the Vikings into a title contender. But even if Minnesota goes one-and-done in the postseason, what's undeniable is the positive voice O'Connell's brought to a locker room that had soured on the previous old-school regime. For the first time in a long time, this team has proven both resilient in tight spots and unafraid to embrace the aerial attack.

CBSSports.com

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 11:03 PM, vike daddy said:

Kevin O'Connell (Vikings)

Record: 13-4

By nature of their improbable point differential, and the fact their few losses have been total clunkers, it's hard to assess whether O'Connell has actually turned the Vikings into a title contender. But even if Minnesota goes one-and-done in the postseason, what's undeniable is the positive voice O'Connell's brought to a locker room that had soured on the previous old-school regime. For the first time in a long time, this team has proven both resilient in tight spots and unafraid to embrace the aerial attack.

CBSSports.com

I was on drafthistory.com and lo and behold, Kevin O'Connell has the highest career winning percentage of any active coach in the NFL. 😂

The top 5 are O'Connell (.765), LaFleur (.712), Sirianni (.676), Belichick (.662) and Reid (.641).  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Crazy to think that half, if not more, of the 2022 coaches hired could be gone after just 2 seasons. 

Then it comes down to whether they were just impatient or if their hiring process was messed up to begin with. 

I think we already know that Lovie Smith was doomed from the start and that the Raiders' process was terrible.  I don't really know what to think of the Broncos, because while they certainly are a slightly better team, I think the bigger problem was the panic move for Russ rather than necessarily the hiring of the coach, but once that happened, then the coach was doomed especially once it was known that Russ was not the same QB he had been.  Russ is better this season, but still not anywhere near the same player he was 3-4 years ago.   

I'd like to see more read/bash run looks and RPO pass looks to help open up the running game a little.  Take advantage of the type of QB we currently have, put edge defenders and linebackers in conflict and slow them down half a beat.

Give us numbers in the run/pass game.

• Like 4