GB free agency 2022

squire12

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Most important move we have left to do (outside of the Adams/Jaire extensions)

Its cool that he wants to be here. He has bounced around a bit, and we did give him a nice shot to show what he has and is capable of. If it was him finally getting it or the system, he seems smart enough that if he wants another contract after this one he is probably better off staying with us. Now we just need to make it fair. Really hope it works out. Much like Campbell it also helps take some of the stress off needs for the draft. 

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

That is a fair deal for what Cobb will bring to the table. He's a guy who should wind up coaching WR for us when he retires. 

He's been a mentor / coaching Amari Rodgers for years. I am glad to have him back, but also totally understand this is an area of weakness for us right now. 

Happy that Cobb took an intense pay cut to stay with the Packers. Not so happy about the guy that wanted him back forced him to do so. I'd suggest Aaron takes him out to a number of expensive dinners, and with expensive I mean the locations where they have the best ranch dip in town.

32 minutes ago, Gravedigger93 said:

Happy that Cobb took an intense pay cut to stay with the Packers. Not so happy about the guy that wanted him back forced him to do so. I'd suggest Aaron takes him out to a number of expensive dinners, and with expensive I mean the locations where they have the best ranch dip in town.

I mean I think Cobb had a pretty good idea that he wouldn't be back at his current number lol. Also no other team is taking him except for vet min, so it's a win-win. The Houston contract was atrocious. 

1 hour ago, MuFF said:

Have to wonder if Rodgers is going to cut/traded with Cobb coming back. 

Ummm NO.  He's a rook wasn't all that great last season.  Packers won't give up on him that quick.  Expect he'll be more involved this year.  Tough for rookie WR's to make an impact.  Most don't although there are exceptions.  He'll take that 2nd year leap and will be a much better player in year 2.  He has no trade value right now either. 

18 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

I mean I think Cobb had a pretty good idea that he wouldn't be back at his current number lol. Also no other team is taking him except for vet min, so it's a win-win. The Houston contract was atrocious. 

Cobb and Jordy were both willing to take big cuts to stay. The whole cut them a year early instead of a year late can also go the wrong way. I think that is one reason why Cobb has been one of Aaron's demands. He always talked about how he and Jordy both owed each other a season. The Jordy low balling really pissed him off.

I would also argue we should've kept Woodson...

Edited by Toddfather

1 hour ago, Gravedigger93 said:

I’m sure Aaron takes care of him pretty well. They’re best friends

2 hours ago, Gravedigger93 said:

Somewhere Greg Jennings is smiling thinking about how "I told you ****ers so"

But yes Cobb absolutely needed to take less. He didn't get ****ed here by any means imo

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

IDC who we have at CB, sign the guy who makes these plays:

5 INTs in 680 snaps (136 snaps/INT) this year as opposed to 5 INTs in 2370 snaps (474 snaps/INT) for the previous 3 years.  Which one is the replicable number?

4 hours ago, MuFF said:

Have to wonder if Rodgers is going to cut/traded with Cobb coming back. 

Zero chances he's released.  1% chance he's traded.  We'd at best get a mid-Day 3 pick in return for him.  He'll be on the bench, and him playing is dependent on him taking that sophomore year jump.