GB free agency 2022

squire12

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I'm begging GB to not get into a bidding war over MVS

I doubt if that is a danger, but I do wish they would have just signed him two days ago. The chances of returning getting slimmer by the hour which is disappointing to me.

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

^ Agreed.

Also wish we had signed our WR vet by now. We have to bid against KC to do so. We already lost the JuJu sweepstakes. I think we have to pay over the odds to get whoever we want in now.

Then we shouldn't. Paying more than value is a sure way to field a worse team.

32 minutes ago, R T said:

I doubt if that is a danger, but I do wish they would have just signed him two days ago. The chances of returning getting slimmer by the hour which is disappointing to me.

With the Hill trade and him visiting the Chiefs today, I'd be surprised if he leaves KC without agreeing to a deal.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wouldn't get into a bidding war for MVS.  Way too inconsistent of a player. 

I wondered if he might visit the Dolphins since he’s from Florida and they needed WRs. The trade for Hill has prolly affected that altho  who knows if they move Parker. 

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

A Devante Parker trade makes so much sense now. 

Is he worth a late 2nd?

Oh no chance they get anything valuable. They'd be lucky to get whatever our 4th round comp pick was. I was thinking a 5 or 6 since everyone knows he's the odd man out and they aren't eating $9m for WR4.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh no chance they get anything valuable. They'd be lucky to get whatever our 4th round comp pick was. I was thinking a 5 or 6 since everyone knows he's the odd man out and they aren't eating $9m for WR4.

Agreed .. I said 4th on first blush, but I think 6th or 7th is more likely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Agreed .. I said 4th on first blush, but I think 6th or 7th is more likely.

They save just over $3m if they trade/cut him now but they save $6m if they hold and trade him post-June 1st or cut him with a post-June 1st designation.

If they don't get what they want in a trade, before the draft, they're better off just giving him the post-June 1st designation so it'll be interesting to see how they play it.