GB free agency 2022

squire12

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Being outside all year round is the obvious one, but that's cancelled out by their god awful alcohol laws. 

Yeah seems like a net zero. I live in a place that REALLY has nothing to do so Im just making sure my area still holds that crown.

The big news here is bret michaels just played our "old shopko turned into a venue" and we're super excited about Tech Nine in a couple months. Just got an ax throwing bar too! So i guess were moving up.

Weather might play into it but the biggest factor of where a player want to play beyond money is sex.

For young star athletes who were on college campuses, they were getting plenty. When they get drafted they ain't got not choice of the city to play in. If they mature and settle in a town like Green Bay and the money is good they will happily stay on. They have got accustomed to the slower pace of life.

However, if you went from college to a big city like Atlanta, where there are plenty of clubs, which means plenty of access to sex, there are plenty of massage parlours, plenty of access to sex, there are strip clubs, brothels etc, plenty access to sex, then to go to a city like Green Bay seems way less tempting, unless of course the hookers up in Green Bay are A+.

Now on the flip side, if you are a married man (a faithful one) you would have sex on tap, the key consideration is how to keep that wife happy. Happy wife means constant supply of sex. Unhappy wife means little supply of sex and overall miserable life. Do wives like hunting, fishing snowboarding etc, some maybe, not the majority. If their husband is a successful athlete they want a bit of fame and recognition, but much more importantly they want shopping and a variety of eating establishments. Malls and high end shopping districts are key considerations here.

When you factor all this in, who cares if it is cold, can you get laid is the prime question and even though I have not been to Green Bay, my assumption is that there is less facility, options and opportunities to facilitate that most basic of human urges that drives forwards most of our lives. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I'd love to see the looks on most of the faces of the millionaire twenty something year old African Americans from the south while some of you guys try to sell them the joys of snowmobiling and ice fishing in subzero weather or the beautiful foliage. 

GFTOH with that.. Y'all are ridiculous. 

Well....I've seen the looks on some of those folks you reference when they first get behind a snowmobile.  Let me tell you....pure excitement and adrenaline!  Now, they hate the cold, who doesn't, but when they get on a good machine and crack it open, there is always a smile on the face.

Ice fishing?  Different story entirely.  Remember, when snowmobiling, the only real way to do it is to go fast when you are in an open spot, slower on the trails and all trails lead to a tavern.

And...though I've seen the elated looks when on a snowmobile, that is not something that keeps them around in the winter.  It's fun to do a couple of times, but yah, it is best to get out of town in the off-season.  

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Weather might play into it but the biggest factor of where a player want to play beyond money is sex.

For young star athletes who were on college campuses, they were getting plenty. When they get drafted they ain't got not choice of the city to play in. If they mature and settle in a town like Green Bay and the money is good they will happily stay on. They have got accustomed to the slower pace of life.

However, if you went from college to a big city like Atlanta, where there are plenty of clubs, which means plenty of access to sex, there are plenty of massage parlours, plenty of access to sex, there are strip clubs, brothels etc, plenty access to sex, then to go to a city like Green Bay seems way less tempting, unless of course the hookers up in Green Bay are A+.

Now on the flip side, if you are a married man (a faithful one) you would have sex on tap, the key consideration is how to keep that wife happy. Happy wife means constant supply of sex. Unhappy wife means little supply of sex and overall miserable life. Do wives like hunting, fishing snowboarding etc, some maybe, not the majority. If their husband is a successful athlete they want a bit of fame and recognition, but much more importantly they want shopping and a variety of eating establishments. Malls and high end shopping districts are key considerations here.

When you factor all this in, who cares if it is cold, can you get laid is the prime question and even though I have not been to Green Bay, my assumption is that there is less facility, options and opportunities to facilitate that most basic of human urges that drives forwards most of our lives. 

Someone is projecting

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Someone is projecting

Wouldn't you like to know if I am....!

Anecdotal story.

A number of years ago, near where I live is the Grove Hotel, very prestigious hotel set in beautiful grounds with a golf course. It's on the outskirts of London and whenever heads of state visit this is the place they stay. Sports teams including the England Football Team stay here before key matches etc.

So when the Rams played the Pats in London, the Rams showed up early in the week, BB made sure the Pats flew in at the end of the week. Smart move. My friend worked at the Grove and would drive the minibus around for special guests. He said the Rams players were horny as hell. First thing they asked him when he picked them up from the airport was what was the legal age of consent in the UK!!! During the whole week they were trying to get the chamber maids to sleep with them, offering money and ipads and various other 'incentives.' As for the game itself, the Pats beat the Rams silly.

I'm hoping this is where the Packers will stay when they come this year

I’m just imagining some of the posters in here shouting at players, “ENJOY WISCONSIN! I LOVE MY STATE SO YOU SHOULD TOO!” 

Yet Green Bay is consistently ranked among the least desirable NFL places for these professional athletes. It’s almost like these athletes are different types of people 🤔

However…Go Pack Go AR12 3 straight MVPs

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I love your brutal honesty.  That's pretty much it isn't it?  Money and sex.  All other things are secondary.  Well maybe some of these guys want to win too.  But that's #3 on the list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rthom348 said:

I’m just imagining some of the posters in here shouting at players, “ENJOY WISCONSIN! I LOVE MY STATE SO YOU SHOULD TOO!” 

Yet Green Bay is consistently ranked among the least desirable NFL places for these professional athletes. It’s almost like these athletes are different types of people 🤔

However…Go Pack Go AR12 3 straight MVPs

Everyone knows that Green Bay is less attractive to NFL player demographics. 

Similarly, most everyone else knows that Wisconsin is more than farmland.

These things are true at the same time. Using hyperbole to try and make a point is silly.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Everyone knows that Green Bay is less attractive to NFL player demographics. 

Similarly, most everyone else knows that Wisconsin is more than farmland.

These things are true at the same time. Using hyperbole to try and make a point is silly.

Again, I never said Wisconsin is all farm land, that's just how you wanted to see it.

People just need to accept the fact that to most (>95%) GB is a piece of **** city full of what most people perceive to be a bunch of friendly boring folks.

You can love the place and love the people, that's fine.  But this is what most people think, and what they think is what's important when it comes to free agency - i.e. choosing a place on a map where you'd want to MOVE your life to.

The dining options are comparable to... Cleveland.  Milwaukee.  Ok great.  So like a 4/10.

The women are ugly AF; the men too.  Everyone is white.  So again, like a 4/10.

There are no tax advantages.

The weather is terrible.

It's not even proximal to anything remarkable.  There is no Machu Picchu of the midwest.

It is somewhere around 294th most desirable place to live in the US, and probably falling.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

Green Bay is only important because they happen to have a football team.  And even with that, it's still not important at all.

But that's ok!  It shouldn't offend you.  Because you and I are also not important.  And we don't need to live in important places or desire to root for important teams or places.

• Like 2