2022 Offseason Discussion

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It's going to take a lot more than Greedy to get a top 5 QB in his prime lol I would say 3 1sts, 2nd, 5th + Newsome and Baker

Yeah, too much imo. I would rather have a ****ty QB than trade the farm for a guy we do not yet know if he will play all of next season of be suspended part of it by the league. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Yeah, too much imo. I would rather have a ****ty QB than trade the farm for a guy we do not yet know if he will play all of next season of be suspended part of it by the league. 

I've dealt with a ****ty QB for 20 years, I do t care what the compensation is I will pay it for 10 years of Watson lol

After I morally get over his legal stuff, if course. If that's possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I've dealt with a ****ty QB for 20 years, I do t care what the compensation is I will pay it for 10 years of Watson lol

After I morally get over his legal stuff, if course. If that's possible.

And I have dealt with it for most of 52 and it is still not worth it to me

Edited by pscottdai
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Jimmy's plane is flying from Cleveland to houston tomorrow.

**** is about to get real. 

We are actually going to need our mods @FGK @NudeTayne wake up yo

Hell probably our old ones too

"I summon you to fulfill your oath"

@pastordog @dabrowns41 @ditchdigger

And even our fake ones

@zelbell

I would only pour gas on the flames.

Seeing a future where pick 13 is ROTY while Watson sits home for a year suspended, then comes back to demand a trade in 2023.

• Like 2

I get that Andrew Berry has a duty to explore all options to improve the team, but this dalliance has too much potential for division. Of both the fan base and the locker room.

This is a 3rd rail that could either power us to a better future or rip the team and fanbase apart. I trust AB, but he's playing with fire.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I get that Andrew Berry has a duty to explore all options to improve the team, but this dalliance has too much potential for division. Of both the fan base and the locker room.

This is a 3rd rail that could either power us to a better future or rip the team and fanbase apart. I trust AB, but he's playing with fire.

Or we fail to close the deal and Baker gets assed up and demands a trade.

1 hour ago, pscottdai said:

And I have dealt with it for most of 52 and it is still not worth it to me

I’d rather have a ****ty QB than root for a sexual predator.

This forum has been making Roethlisberger jokes for years but now that we can get our very own rapist people are thrilled.  There’s a word for this.

• Like 5

Andrew Berry is a smart man. I think, for whatever reason, we are underestimating how stupid our owner is. If Haslam is in Texas, he told the FO this is the route he wanted to explore. No choice underneath him. Damn the repercussions if we don’t actually get him. So shortsighted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Andrew Berry is a smart man. I think, for whatever reason, we are underestimating how stupid our owner is. If Haslam is in Texas, he told the FO this is the route he wanted to explore. No choice underneath him. Damn the repercussions if we don’t actually get him. So shortsighted.

Should be interesting to hear the team preach being “smart and accountable” after this.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Should be interesting to hear the team preach being “smart and accountable” after this.

At least organizations like the Raiders embrace(d) who they really are/were with "Just Win Baby".

Here's what's going to happen:

1. We are going to make a huge play for Watson

2. It's likely going to fail, and we ostracize Baker, leading to 2022 being an abject dumpster fire, resulting in a soap opera, Stefanski and Berry losing the lockerroom, and probably him and some of our F.O. losing their jobs due to Truckstop Jimmy's incompetence. 

3. On the off chance we "successfully" acquire Watson:

A. We acquire an "alleged" sexual predator who hasn't played in over a year and has 2 ACL tears in his medical past

B. We mortgage a ton of future assets and young talented players that are on our core roster

C. He still ends up getting suspended and 2022 is a complete waste

D. Those future assets we traded for become high picks

E. Who cares, I'm becoming a Bills fan

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

2. It's likely going to fail, and we ostracize Baker, leading to 2022 being an abject dumpster fire, resulting in a soap opera, Stefanski and Berry losing the lockerroom, and probably him and some of our F.O. losing their jobs due to Truckstop Jimmy's incompetence. 

I’ve made my opinion on Baker known. I honestly don’t care how Baker feels.

I don’t want to be San Francisco wasting our time with a Jimmy G.

• Like 1