2022 Offseason Discussion

I'd like us to sign Michael Pierce. I dont want us to completely ignore the defending of the rush especially with pitt likely to lean into it and the same with the ravens.

We have picked up two disruptive defensive linemen in the pass game so that is something, I like them both as long as they dont have to start

49 minutes ago, zelbell said:

I mean I would take every QB he has on his list over Baker at a minimum

doesnt even include Mac Jones either

WOW......Ryan Tanahill....Derrick Carr......wow, I question folks ability to ***** QB play...or I've Lost my mind.....I get Pat M., Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and to an extent Watson....but Joe Burrow who's teams are 0-4 vs Mayfield teams....the two I mentioned earlier, Mac Jones, Tervor Lawrence (who was NOT breaking records his rookie year like Mayfield DID) and Justin Herbert, who still hasnt led a team to the playoffs.....

feelings-i-am.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I thought when I woke up this would sorted by now, all I got was 7 pages of ethics. I expect better next time

You should know us well enough by now to not expect anything good from us.

• Like 2

I'm say this and leave it Alone.....First, I trust in A. Berry, he is a young GO GET us a championship type of guy. We will get one, with him and Paully D. at the helm.

Still I have to be VERY against the Watson trade....period and Point Blank. 1, just the Drama and Publicity...not to mention a possible still suspension depending on the civil cases.....I like Deshaun Watson, but its not like the ask is REASONABLE, the price is Houston saying....we give you our Franchise QB, and you give us your FRANCHISE for the next 3 years.

The reason's I am against it.

1. I am not ready to give up on Baker Mayfield, I wont get into why, because that horse is dead. I just say go by strictly the stats and NFL Record he's broken with the only caveat is Consider he was Injured all of last year, and played with and Injury that would sit out 75% of the QB's in the NFL. Is Baker a Franchise QB yet, his consistency would say not yet, but his flashes and Playoff Road Win in Pittsburgh makes me want to see him Healthy and WITH some Actual NFL Targets (like Burrow, Murry, Prescott, and the like enjoy....)   AND then lets upset the Apple Cart if he cant get it done while HEALTHY....

2. The Draft pick Cost...our Font Office has started drafting WAY TOO WELL.....to Consider the insane cost of 3 1rst and possible 3 2nds...if we look at our last 3 1rst and 2nd's that's NOT Baker Mayfield (already included in the trade), then would you trade, Jedrick Wills, Greg Newsome III and Denzel Ward + Jerimiah Owusu-Karomoah, Grant Delpit and Greedy Williams + (Baker Mayfield, Kareem Hunt rumored compensation) for Deshaun Watson.....ME PERSONALLY, I wouldnt trade all that for Patrick Maholmes.....

3. The Cost of Bad Blood, whoever trades for Watson, and at the Cost of what it will take, be prepared for, Women's Rights, #MeToo, Black Lives Matter and the like to start picketing AND putting the team under the Microscope of EVERYTHING ANYONE do....Baker Mayfield "Oh he took Advantage of this poor girl in the Cheesecake Factory Parking Lot"......"Oh Kareem Hunt....proven woman beater...the Browns Foster a Culture JUST like the Washington Football Team".......now all of a sudden some God OLD emails, From GOD knows where, SENT by coaches no longer here get subpoenaed and its Anarchy, then the Halsem Case i brought back up......SAME OLD BROWNS,. 

We had a bad year last year.....Point of View: Excuses and Reasons are identical, classification as such depends on ones perspective (you can have that one too Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.... who took my phrase "Using Hope as Strategy, which I have been saying for YEARS)"...I digress).....but lets get our playoff winning, NFL Rookie Record Breaking QB, healthy...with targets as good as Burrow, Murry, Prescott, Jackson...let our young potential super stars continue to develop on defense, keep developing and let the best running game in the NFL get healthy....lets shore up special teams and DT........ and make tweek moves, not Turn Over the apple cart moves.....we are 4-0 vs our division foes who represented the AFC in the Superbowl game last year......will anyone RIGHT now sit her and say pound for pound, Top to Bottom the Cincinnati Bengals are a more talented football team than us right now??? IF you say yes, Trade away for Watson...we just work on two different Plains of Logic and I can accept that...because your saying Watson is Worth is Playoff winning, NFL Rookie Record Breaking QB, a Starting NFL LT, A former NFL Rushing Champion, an entire 2ndary featuring an All Pro #1 Shutdown CB and a Difference Making LB who Put Lamar Jackson out for the season lst year, WOW you love Watson.......BUT if you say NO (or more importantly HELL TO THE NAW), then how can you logically say we need to give up all those assets to get a QB to lead a team that will no longer be SB ready after the talent that would leave, the draft capital sacrificed and Cap Space OBLITERATED.....

forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

Humbly Submitted, By DaWg_L.b., This day of March 15th, in the Year of Lord Two Thousand and Twenty Two...

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

WOW......Ryan Tanahill....Derrick Carr......wow, I question folks ability to ***** QB play...or I've Lost my mind.....I get Pat M., Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen and to an extent Watson....but Joe Burrow who's teams are 0-4 vs Mayfield teams....the two I mentioned earlier, Mac Jones, Tervor Lawrence (who was NOT breaking records his rookie year like Mayfield DID) and Justin Herbert, who still hasnt led a team to the playoffs.....

feelings-i-am.gif

This most likely will not satisfy your curiosity as to why some QB's are viewed as better then Baker but I will give you my view on it.  Justified or not, I believe it's based more on potential and intangibles then straight up wins/losses.  Baker has been in the NFL for 4 years now and there are those (media/fans) who feel that he has plateaued.  Since Bakers debut, teams seem to have figured out his tendencies and Bakers accuracy which was a strength coming out of college is no longer his strong suit.  Has Baker been injured, yes, has he had a great WR core, no, but for many, the sample size Baker has provided is enough for many people.  When it comes to QB's like Burrow/Lawrence/Herbert, they are 4+ inches taller, they are younger, and they are mobile.  It's all about the potential and intangibles. That's why I believe they are ranked higher on peoples lists ahead of Baker.

Peace!!!

6 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I'm say this and leave it Alone.....First, I trust in A. Berry, he is a young GO GET us a championship type of guy. We will get one, with him and Paully D. at the helm.

Still I have to be VERY against the Watson trade....period and Point Blank. 1, just the Drama and Publicity...not to mention a possible still suspension depending on the civil cases.....I like Deshaun Watson, but its not like the ask is REASONABLE, the price is Houston saying....we give you our Franchise QB, and you give us your FRANCHISE for the next 3 years.

The reason's I am against it.

1. I am not ready to give up on Baker Mayfield, I wont get into why, because that horse is dead. I just say go by strictly the stats and NFL Record he's broken with the only caveat is Consider he was Injured all of last year, and played with and Injury that would sit out 75% of the QB's in the NFL. Is Baker a Franchise QB yet, his consistency would say not yet, but his flashes and Playoff Road Win in Pittsburgh makes me want to see him Healthy and WITH some Actual NFL Targets (like Burrow, Murry, Prescott, and the like enjoy....)   AND then lets upset the Apple Cart if he cant get it done while HEALTHY....

2. The Draft pick Cost...our Font Office has started drafting WAY TOO WELL.....to Consider the insane cost of 3 1rst and possible 3 2nds...if we look at our last 3 1rst and 2nd's that's NOT Baker Mayfield (already included in the trade), then would you trade, Jedrick Wills, Greg Newsome III and Denzel Ward + Jerimiah Owusu-Karomoah, Grant Delpit and Greedy Williams + (Baker Mayfield, Kareem Hunt rumored compensation) for Deshaun Watson.....ME PERSONALLY, I wouldnt trade all that for Patrick Maholmes.....

3. The Cost of Bad Blood, whoever trades for Watson, and at the Cost of what it will take, be prepared for, Women's Rights, #MeToo, Black Lives Matter and the like to start picketing AND putting the team under the Microcope of EVERYTHING ANYONE do....Baker Mayfield "Oh he took Advantage of this poor girl in the Cheesecake Factory Parking Lot"......"Oh Kareem Hunt....proven woman beater...the Browns Foster a Culture JUST like the Washington Football Team".......now all of a sudden some God OLD emails, From GOD knows where, SENT by coaches no longer here get subpoenaed and its Anarchy, then the Halsem Case i brought back up......SAME OLD BROWNS,. 

We had a bad year last year.....Point of View: Excuses and Reasons are identical, classification as such depends on ones perspective (you can have that one too Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.... who took my phrase "Using Hope as Strategy, which I have been saying for YEARS)"...I digress).....but lets get our playoff winning, NFL Rookie Record Breaking QB, healthy...with targets as good as Burrow, Murry, Prescott, Jackson...let our young potential super stars continue to develop on defense, keep developing and let the best running game in the NFL get healthy....lets shore up special teams and DT........ and make tweek moves, not Turn Over the apple cart moves.....we are 4-0 vs our division foes who represented the AFC in the Superbowl game last year......will anyone RIGHT now sit her and say pound for pound, Top to Bottom the Cincinnati Bengals are a more talented football team than us right now??? IF you say yes, Trade away for Watson...we just work on two differnt Plains of Logic and I can accept that...BUT if you say NO (or more importantly HELL TO THE NAW), then how can you logically say we need to give up all those assets to get a QB to lead a team that will no longer be SB ready after the talent that would leave, the draft capital sacrificed and Cap Space OBLITERATED.....

forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

Humbly Submitted, By DaWg_L.b., This day of March 15th, in the Year of Lord Two Thousand and Twenty Two...

Great post and I agree with all of it. I just want to add, though, that @DaWg_LB.had Courtney Brown's cousin as his slump buster. Carry on.

• Like 2