Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

10 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Didn't the Bears offer three 1st's, a 3rd, Kyle Fuller & Akiem Hicks last year? 

They should have just taken that haul. Not even in hindsight; i supported both sides moving on, and not just cuz Wilson always beats the Niners). And the Seahawks could have had Fields or Jones who are better prospects than anyone in this class

Even though he faded down the stretch and the Seahawks were quickly bounced, Wilson was coming off a career best 40 touchdown campaign. 

25 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Including years before 2010 in a chart is weird.

Russel Okung(6) was an A-/B+ OL who helped them win a SB and almost another as their starting LT.

Earl Thomas(14) was a generation talent at safety who was an A++. (3x 1st team and 2x 2nd team all-pro)

James Carpenter (25) was a B-/C+ guard who has started 127 NFL games including 5 of the 6 on their SB runs.

Bruce Irvin(15) was B or B+ as a LB/Edge who had 52 sacks in 8 seasons and was a key B-level part of the LoB.

German Ifedi (31) was a B/B- OL in Seattle for 4 years and has been about the same in Chicago. (worse teammates)

Rashaad Penny (27) INCOMPLETE has had a weird career with injuries and depth chart burial. He got his shot last year and played really well. He's a career 5.6 ypc back (5.2 in years 1-2 combined and 6.3 last year). Not exactly a bust at 27.

Are we saying LJ Collier(29) D+/D makes him a bad GM in round 1 or are you all saying you have no idea how the NFL draft works and what realistic success rates are? 

If we compare him to the 1969-1978 Steelers or the 2003-2012 Steelers then he's a bum. (like everyone else)

If we are comparing him to the guy who used the 2016 and 2017 1st round picks +++ to get and the 2023 1st round pick to get rid of Jared Goff then I think Schneider is fine.

I would never claim to be an expert on the Hawks, but all of those letter grades seem high

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I think it's really funny that people (not just you) can, in the same breath, say that Russell is consistently great / elite / HOF-worthy and then add that Seattle's offense has been broken for years. Elite QBs don't lead broken offenses. I don't think there's another QB in the consensus top 10 that relies on how the guys around him are performing as much as Russell does. 

Let's take age completely off the table. Here are the QBs who I'd rather be starting for my offense right now over Russ (in no order): 

Rodgers
Brady
Watson
Lamar
Burrow
Herbert
Mahomes
Stafford
Kyler
Dak 
JAllen

And I think Tannehill and Cousins are right there. 

That's 11 QBs who I really wouldn't even think twice about. I truly think Russ is more sizzle than spice at this point in his career. People are vastly underrating how much he can handcuff an offense with his lack of vision in the pocket and inability to consistently play with the design of the offense. 

IMHO you're crazy if you want the bolded over Russ.

• Like 2

I'm happy with the compensation for Russ as a Hawks fan. Getting this year and next year's seconds is equivalent to getting 1sts 3-4 years out. The hawks have always done fine with their 1st round picks relative to where they pick.

It's also pretty obvious this is going to be one last hurrah for the PSJC regime. If this blows up in their face they are gone, but they are betting they can rebuild in a short time and make a big push with a QB on a rookie contract. Seeing Rodgers' new contract number this morning was probably what made them want to pull the trigger. They knew they won't be getting back to a Super Bowl with a contract like that on their books, regardless of how well Wilson does or doesn't do.

I also think a big piece of this is about legacy/reputation. Carroll doesn't want to retire known as a guy that just rode Wilson's coat tails for years and Wilson knows he's borderline HoF and if he wins another SB with a different team then he's a lock.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Russ has made my football life a living hell for a decade. 

49ers fans get to enjoy this one lol 

Rams fans were somewhat sad...

But then I realized Russell will still be coming to LA this year for his yearly sackathon/beatdown

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

1st + 2nd this year (#9 overall) 

1st + 2nd next year

I assume the 5th is this year but I'm not positive on that. 

Damn, they could either use that 9th overall or trade it away to get a lower 1st rounder and get Malik Willis.  Start Lock next year if Willis is not ready and they would be set.

Or wait for the 2nd round get steal someone like Howell or Ridder who could easily be there in that high 2nd round pick.  

Seattle could be in great shape, especially if they get Willis and let him develop a little.

Seattle has only had 5 1st round picks in the last 9 years so rare thing for them to have. 

I assume that 4th rounder going to Denver from Seattle is #114.