Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

There was never a debate about who had a better WR core. Some people just have terrible reading comprehension 

You keep saying this, but the whole conversation literally spawned from the bottom of page 24 ->

I think there's a very good argument that you could argue that Sutton/Patrick/Jeudy >>> Lockett/Metcalf/Swain (or whoever WR3 is).

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1

Short term - Denver won this trade in a landslide

Long term - If Seattle can land a franchise QB in the next couple of years then maybe they did the right thing

Come week 6 next season ain't nobody worried about a solid TE and DL when the team is 2-4 with Drew Lock/Geno Smith at the helm lol it's all about QBs when the games start...draft picks are fun and if they can hit on a QB then look out, but most likely they go 5-10-15 years without a legit QB and live in the 5-8 win range during that time with their "haul" after letting go of a future HOF QB

This is so bad for Seattle IMO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Long term - If Seattle can land a franchise QB in the next couple of years then maybe they did the right thing

Come week 6 next season ain't nobody worried about a solid TE and DL when the team is 2-4 with Drew Lock/Geno Smith at the helm lol it's all about QBs when the games start...draft picks are fun and if they can hit on a QB then look out, but most likely they go 5-10-15 years without a legit QB and live in the 5-8 win range during that time with their "haul" after letting go of a future HOF QB

I don't see it as that bad.  Sure, they are bound to regress at the QB position this year, but their season goes totally pear-shaped, they will have a high pick in the 2023 draft AND an additional first round pick to trade up with.  The could be in prime position to get a great young QB in a class that is supposed to be much better than this year's class. 

It's never fun to be in a position where you have to trade a HOF'er before he regresses, but this is a situation where the Seahawks might be able to do it with minimal long-term damage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't see it as that bad.  Sure, they are bound to regress at the QB position this year, but their season goes totally pear-shaped, they will have a high pick in the 2023 draft AND an additional first round pick to trade up with.  The could be in prime position to get a great young QB in a class that is supposed to be much better than this year's class. 

It's never fun to be in a position where you have to trade a HOF'er before he regresses, but this is a situation where the Seahawks might be able to do it with minimal long-term damage.

You could end up being right on this, I'm not one to try to derail topics so I know we could go on all day about who is right and wrong. The good thing is 3-4 years from now we will have our answer...I try my best not to overreact to things but its tough for me here. Wilson is so damn good I just don't see how this ends well for Seattle

6 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

You could end up being right on this, I'm not one to try to derail topics so I know we could go on all day about who is right and wrong. The good thing is 3-4 years from now we will have our answer...I try my best not to overreact to things but its tough for me here. Wilson is so damn good I just don't see how this ends well for Seattle

No problem.  Time will tell, I guess.

2 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

They didn't even receive a "haul" once you consider the fact that they completely wasted and threw away two 1st round draft picks for an overrated box Safety Jamal Adams last year.

Seattle is treading water and just lost both Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson because of it. 

Hopefully they recover soon because I love their fan base and their 12th man is always an X-Factor Home Field Advantage; Football is fun when Seattle is contending. 

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

They didn't even receive a "haul" once you consider the fact that they completely wasted and threw away two 1st round draft picks for an overrated box Safety Jamal Adams last year.

The compensation given up for Adams has nothing to do with the compensation gained in this trade. Their previous decision to trade for Adams does not make the compensation received here somehow less. 

The value of #9, #40, next year's first, next year's second, lock, Harris and fant is the same regardless of whether or not they also have the picks they gave up for Adams. The number 9 pick is still the number 9 pick. 

Whether you think this is a good return for Wilson should not be impacted one iota by the Adams trade.

They weren't going to get Denver to give up more in this trade just because they butchered trading for Adams

• Like 5

12 hours ago, ACO said:

Sapp acts like thats some scary offense or something.... most of those receivers has battled injuries. And only reciever  with a 1000 yard seasons was Sutton 2 years ago. Seems like a bunch of midpack untapped potential WRs if you ask me.

• Like 3

I think there is a chance that this trade results in two non-contenders remaining non-contenders. Wilson hasn't been top 5 in DVOA or ANY/A since 2015. Is all of that the surrounding cast's fault? Maybe, IDK. Maybe Wilson is still elite but has been held back for several years and can now be unleashed again in Denver. I've certainly been wrong before, that's for sure. It certainly makes Denver more competitive in the division, but arguably still 3rd behind KC and LAC.

Overall Denver deserves credit for going for it. Seattle got a poor haul but were handcuffed somewhat by the no trade clause.

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Where did you hear that? 

4 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Twitter

FWIW the beat & national level sources only confirm 3 1sts.   None cover any extra players on WAS offered.   Wouldn’t surprise if there was more added but no confirmation on the exact extras beyond 3 1sts. 

Still, even with that offer, given that the gap in 2022 was 1.9 vs. 1.11 in a vacuum I think WAS offer is better (I’d always take an extra first over 2 2nds esp if the 2nd pick is 2+ years away - because it’s so likely to be in the 50’s)  - but this is where Wilson only accepting to waive his no-trade clause to Denver factors in.    In that context it’s more understandable that Denver “only” gave up 2 firsts 2 seconds and 3 guys who are pretty replaceable.  

Edited by Broncofan

6 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

This is longterm for Seattle and short term for Denver. So it’s not really best to judge them at week 6 this year. Especially since they just cut other pieces and are expected to trade more. You can write them off next year. They are rebuilding. 

There’s a scenario where 3-4 years from now Wilson is keeping Denver good enough to be respectable but not serious threats in the dominant AFC or even their division and Seattle is well on their way back to a refresh. In that case the entire optics of the trade shift. 

Edited by lancerman
  • Like 1