RUSSELL WILSON THREAD

paul-mac

11 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

What exactly is your definition of insane?

In this case, three 1sts + multiple Day 2 picks + young player assets who are valuable. They only gave up two 1sts and didn’t give up any of the 2019-2021 draft picks you were actually afraid to lose. Still hang on to both 3rds. It’s a fantastic deal. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

In this case, three 1sts + multiple Day 2 picks + young player assets who are valuable. They only gave up two 1sts and didn’t give up any of the 2019-2021 draft picks you were actually afraid to lose. Still hang on to both 3rds. It’s a fantastic deal. 

I wasn't aware I was afraid to lose them.

23 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

That is what I meant.. Wilson gives us five years to find a long term QB.. Hopefully quicker this time... Or, go get Jordan Love and let him sit for 5 years. 

No equity by the time Wilson is done your rookie is in a 2nd contract and you don’t know what you’ve got.   In 2-3 years sure.  Not this offseason or next.  

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah and watch George work his magic. Even without our 1sts the next two years we have a GM whose already shown he can mine talent in the mid to late rounds. 

Wow what a day!

Let’s just hope Russia doesn’t nuke us….

Always the optimist !

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Lol funny how many people are even trying to say Russ isn't top 10

Same ppl who said Stafford wasn’t worth it.   0-3.   Etc. etc.  

Hes not Mahomes / Herbert level but doesn’t need to be.   As long as you’re at that next tier all you need.  And to be clear he’s ahead of Stafford.   And likely to play for longer.  

Just a fantastic deal all around.  I was all for ARod but it came with a similar price but a shorter window.  To not pay the 3rd 1st and get Wilson and a longer window to legitimately contend - man I’m still giddy.  

Edited by Broncofan