Vikings Extend Cousins Through 2023

Heimdallr

Is this a good move?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good move?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many more seasons will Cousins be in MN?

• 3+

9 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

There’s literally nothing shocking or controversial about what Kwesi said. Cousins would probably acknowledge it. But haters gonna hate, I guess. 

Media and fans: We’re tired of these bland, vague answers from GMs and coaches. We want some transparency and honesty. Give us some credit. 

GMs and coaches: Here’s an honest and transparent answer. 

Also media and fans: OMG! I CANT BELIEVE HE SAID THAT! Let’s take every comment and twist it into some next level controversy. 

• Like 6

He’s not mahommes or Brady, he is the best we’ve got, so we need to try and work with him. - GM (100% accurate)

KOC would like me to take more risks and throw downfield even if my decision making says to check it down. Be prepared for more INTs. - Cousins (100% likely/hopefully)

On 7/28/2022 at 9:49 PM, wcblack34 said:

There’s literally nothing shocking or controversial about what Kwesi said. Cousins would probably acknowledge it. But haters gonna hate, I guess. 

It is odd for a new GM to say but I wonder if it was to kind of start a fire under Cousins, because yeah he is straight up average to below average if you look at how much he gets paid and how little they win.  Is odd timing for a new GM though no question. 

Kirk has seemed to open up a bit, interact with his teammates a bit more and was more of a vocal leader and talked to teammates on the sidelines a lot more last season.  Years previous the dude talked to no one outside of the backup QB it seemed and was rarely ever emotionally in the game, so hopefully he continues to be a leader and a teammate not just some dude that sits by himself after the offense has to punt.  For the team to succeed he has to be more vocal in his leadership and way he communicates with his teammates.  None of the top QBs in the NFL just take a back seat and are not vocal and do not lead.  

Is pretty nuts all the...it was Zimmer holding all these guys back, he held Kirk Cousins back, Dantzler back etc...will see because there is some responsibility put on the player, especially a dude getting $40 mil this year

• Like 1

With a career record of 61-62, Kirk Cousins is on track to make $$231.6 million, making him the 6th highest-paid active player in NFL.  Talk about taking advantage of the system.

Everyone above him has either won a Super Bowl or played in one.  Matt Ryan is 120-102 so obviously has played way more games than Kirk, almost 100 more and that helps his career earnings mark same with everyone else on the list who have all played way more games than Kirk.  Yet Kirk is still 6th on the list all time.

Matt Ryan ($318.7 million in 16 seasons)  120-102

Tom Brady ($318.3 million in 23 seasons) 243-73

Aaron Rodgers ($316.5 million in 19 seasons) 142-70

Matthew Stafford ($262.3 million in 14 seasons) 86-95

Russell Wilson ($232.3 million in 12 seasons) 104-53

On 7/31/2022 at 6:34 AM, Ozzy said:

Everyone above him has either won a Super Bowl or played in one.  Matt Ryan is 120-102 so obviously has played way more games than Kirk, almost 100 more and that helps his career earnings mark same with everyone else on the list who have all played way more games than Kirk.  Yet Kirk is still 6th on the list all time.

Every team in the top 10 of wins in the Super Bowl era, except for the Vikings, has won the Super Bowl at least twice...and yet, the Vikings are still #4 in wins during that time.  Which is about as relevant as your statement.  

Kirk Cousins is the quintessential Vikings' QB.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 3

On 7/31/2022 at 6:34 AM, Ozzy said:

With a career record of 61-62, Kirk Cousins is on track to make $$231.6 million, making him the 6th highest-paid active player in NFL.  Talk about taking advantage of the system.

Matt Ryan ($318.7 million in 16 seasons)  120-102

Tom Brady ($318.3 million in 23 seasons) 243-73

Aaron Rodgers ($316.5 million in 19 seasons) 142-70

Matthew Stafford ($262.3 million in 14 seasons) 86-95

Russell Wilson ($232.3 million in 12 seasons) 104-53

And far lesser QB's than Kirk will also pass all of those guys eventually. That's the economics of the game. 

I mean, Joe Montana is probably closer to #100 on that list than he is to number one. So yeah, no actual relevance. To anything. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

And far lesser QB's than Kirk will also pass all of those guys eventually. That's the economics of the game. 

I mean, Joe Montana is probably closer to #100 on that list than he is to number one. So yeah, no actual relevance. To anything. 

This. It is like people don't understand (or don't want to, more likely) the economics of the game.

• Like 1