Vikings Extend Cousins Through 2023

Heimdallr

Is this a good move?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good move?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many more seasons will Cousins be in MN?

• 3+

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and they are...?

CJ Stroud from Ohio State and Bryce Young from Alabama are your blue chippers. And then you’ve got guys like Will Levis from Kentucky, Anthony Richardson from Florida, and Tyler Van Dyke from Miami who have a tone of ability and potential. But, Richardson and Van Dyke do have more years of eligibility left, so it’s still unknown whether or not they’ll even declare. 

Keep an eye on Tanner McKee, too. He's big (6'6" 225) has a big arm, and has really good ability in the pocket. He makes some really nice tight window throws and isn't really playing with any NFL caliber teammates. I'd bet he climbs draft boards since he's already 23 and should probably enter the draft this year to capitalize on his best earning years.

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

CJ Stroud from Ohio State and Bryce Young from Alabama are your blue chippers. And then you’ve got guys like Will Levis from Kentucky, Anthony Richardson from Florida, and Tyler Van Dyke from Miami who have a tone of ability and potential. But, Richardson and Van Dyke do have more years of eligibility left, so it’s still unknown whether or not they’ll even declare. 

he's been getting some good press lately.

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

If the 2023 Draft was this weekend, make a guess as to where the top college QB's would be drafted.

Which teams are likely to be looking to draft QB talent?

@Ozzy

Who will:

Texans, Colts, Giants, Lions, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks

Who should:

"...", Jets, Commanders, Vikings, Bears, Buccaneers

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

If the 2023 Draft was this weekend, make a guess as to where the top college QB's would be drafted.

Which teams are likely to be looking to draft QB talent?

@Ozzy

Atlanta I would guess but Mariota has been ok and Ridder is there so who knows, not sure they would pass on Will Anderson Jr if they got the chance.  

NY Giants I would assume, Daniel Jones has been decent but not sure he is an elite talent.

Seattle would absolutely, I see them getting Anthony Richardson and could sit him for a year or two.

Houston Texans for sure just a matter of do they take Will Anderson Jr #1 or wait till the top 2nd round to get a QB.

Detroit Lions I could see maybe wanting a developmental QB but Goff has been ok this year but is super expensive.

Colts might need a QB to develop as well assuming long term Ryan is not the answer.  

Denver Broncos, KC Chiefs, Bills, Bengals and 49ers all need developmental backups to mold.  49ers for sure assuming Jimmy G goes after this year.  And can throw the Vikings in that mix.  

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Who will:

Texans, Colts, Giants, Lions, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Seahawks

Who should:

"...", Jets, Commanders, Vikings, Bears, Buccaneers

True, I forgot the Commanders and Bucs but all depends on if Brady comes back and not sure how the Commanders would get rid of Carson Wentz they have more issues than just him.  Bears would not be in the market for one though.  

Saints I guess maybe but Winston/Dalton is not awful and throw Hill in that mix.  Jets no way they give up on Wilson already.  Panthers I guess sure maybe but if they wanted one that bad they would have got Malik Willis in the draft or should have.  

• Like 1