Titans to release WR Julio Jones

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So let's get this straight...

The Titans forfeit a 2nd round pick in a WR-loaded class to get a 1-year rental from Julio Jones, who is oft-injured.

How did they spend that year? With him being oft-injured and missing a bunch of games.

LOL. Great job.

eh, it was always a high-risk move, but one that i'm not mad they took. calling him "oft-injured" is hindsight talking. he played in 47 of 48 games in the 3 seasons leading up to his injury-plagued 2020. the titans were betting it was a one-season issue; they bet wrong.

• Like 4

49ers? Familiarity with Shannhan, wouldn't be asked to do too much with Deebo and Aiyuk, and gives the 49ers extra flexibility when they line up Deebo in the backfield. 

Glad the Bucs picked up Gage because I think they would've been all over Julio. 

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

One of those guys who I'm not sure is actually washed up when he plays, or he just can't stay on the field anymore?

he's not THE JULIO even when healthy, but he's a good WR2 who can occasionally flash like he used to. staying on the field at all was definitely the bigger issue.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, swoosh said:

49ers? Familiarity with Shannhan, wouldn't be asked to do too much with Deebo and Aiyuk, and gives the 49ers extra flexibility when they line up Deebo in the backfield. 

Glad the Bucs picked up Gage because I think they would've been all over Julio. 

I think we will kick the tires, but he'd have to come pretty cheap. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Titans need to give their picks to teams who know what to do with them. 

That Julio trade and drafting that one lineman in the first were just horrible moves man. How is that GM keeping his job 

I don't know, maybe the fact that he has lead us to 6 straight winning seasons? 

That GM is named Jon Robinson, by the way. 

• Like 3