Rams sign WR Allen Robinson to a 3 year deal

TheRealMcCoy

10 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

A bit of a risk given last season but good upside. He compliments their receivers well (big body ball winner is someone they don't have). How good is he as a blocker? Blocking is a big part of the Rams WR room so I'm guessing he's at least competent at it.

Dude did come out of Penn State, so safe to say he was at least an adequate run-blocker as a prospect (it's tended to be a strength of the program - not to mention I believe he was there during the BOB regime, and run-blocking is something that Camp Belichick has tended to preach a fair amount) and, I believe, has improved from there.

14 hours ago, Riftty said:

Na, we needed this. Look how we almost lost the SB when OBJ went down. We need a deep WR room especially with woods and obj coming back from ACL

Is Van Jefferson not looked at as a legitimate top 3 option? There doesn't seem any reason to keep Woods or OBJ around.

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is Van Jefferson not looked at as a legitimate top 3 option? There doesn't seem any reason to keep Woods or OBJ around.

I might be a little too sour with him after his SB performance… but man he didn’t show up at all when OBJ went down. I have a feeling we move on from him before we do OBJ or Woods….

I like Jefferson but I don’t think he is a long term solution.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think he is either. He had decent numbers, but a lot of it was just the same post route where he gets open. Every pass he caught, Stafford had to place it perfectly.

He could still get better

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Van could be a very productive player on another squad. He's probably best off as a slot weapon. But Kupp already has that role locked down.

• Like 1

Van is as.. No separation, no burst and has dropped a few easy ones. He should be so much better than he is. He was really bad in the super bowl. Dude was bad bad and didn’t take advantage of the situation. He was beyond covered on all his routes. Didn’t attack the ball on the bates INT he waited for it! Even our WR said to go get it and not wait for it, he was mad at that. To be fair he had a lot going on with his mind! He was having a baby so the super bowl should be the last thing on his mind! We’re all human, but he’s had 2-3 years to develop and he’s with a great core of guys. Not to mention he should be much more polished because of his pops. I hope a desperate team looks at his 800+ yards and throws us a second or a 3rd.