Rams sign WR Allen Robinson to a 3 year deal

TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

This has to be the end of Robert Woods or OBJ. You cannot justify these financial resources for him to be a WR3 when we have other pressing needs (CB).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal for Woods done at the draft or OBJ is now off the table. In complete shock.

I'd guess it's either OBJ, or we tell OBJ that he has to take basically nothing for one year while he rehabs.

But this isn't the end of Woods IMO.

This is the return of having three great WRs for this offense. I don't care what his numbers were - Van Jefferson ain't it. I would imagine that he's traded at some point before the draft.

Just now, FrantikRam said:

I'd guess it's either OBJ, or we tell OBJ that he has to take basically nothing for one year while he rehabs.

But this isn't the end of Woods IMO.

This is the return of having three great WRs for this offense. I don't care what his numbers were - Van Jefferson ain't it. I would imagine that he's traded at some point before the draft.

VJ is a very good receiver on a rookie contract. He's valuable. 

Woods is aging and coming off a major injury. We were trying to move him last season. My guess, Bobby Trees is done as a Ram. We get back a 5th. 

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The cap continues to show just how flexible it is. Between the Saints somehow opening up $80M the other day, the Rams with studs all over being paid massive deals, etc.

Its wild at this point.

Saints went from -80m to +30m in a couple days lol including the Marcus Maye signing 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Saints went from -80m to +30m in a couple days lol including the Marcus Maye signing 

Wild.

The cap is real but it sure as hell seems the idea of having to “pay the pipers” so to speak isn’t a thing. Especially if they pull off Watson.

I just went wow. I didn’t see this coming but I love it. I don’t think this means the end for OBJ bc I read the Rams still have money left for OBJ and still want him back. There isn’t a rush to bring him back bc I’m sure teams aren’t going to blow the doors off with a contract to him knowing he won’t be back till at least November and then how will he be away from LA? That’s the question. I’m sure he would be fine in KC but again we shall see.

I love this move getting Robinson bc he is young so talented and with Kupp and getting Woods back the Rams are making sure they continue to stack the deck to run it back. It still says a lot about they don’t feel great about Van Jefferson as consistently reliable as well as still the unknowns with Tutu and Skow. But Kupp, Robinson, and Woods Week 1 of the regular season with Higbee and Akers is a lethal 11 personnel. Good luck defense lol. 

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

This has to be the end of Robert Woods or OBJ. You cannot justify these financial resources for him to be a WR3 when we have other pressing needs (CB).

I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal for Woods done at the draft or OBJ is now off the table. In complete shock.

I'm sure you guys can find a good CB in the dra...nevermind.

• Like 2