Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

Just now, Nick_gb said:

I'm assuming you're talking Darren Waller here and if Waller was part of the post Davante Adams plans, he would probably have been part of the trade package

I was playing catch up on the thread....which was already pages long before I caught on what had happened. Somebody posted early on that picks and players may be coming our way.....so I was thinking getting Waller would be nice.

Later on somebody posted that it was just draft picks....but it took me awhile to get there.

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Eh give me other guys. Hes not special at anything. We have Lazard who does what hes best at better. Give me a WR who does WR things as his best trait.

Wr things are his best trait. He's a guy you love to have on the field. Fights for each yard. He'd be our James Jones. He's certainly more talented than lazard. 

Edited by PackFan13
Drinking and typing

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Correct, but the 2 extra draft picks only increase the rookie pool cost by like $1.1M, (up from around $3.2M)....not the drastic overreaction that the post I quoted was suggesting

No offense taken, squire, I was that poster.  :)  I knew that draft cap factor was modest, but didn't know the exacts.  I'd been thinking this would jump it from like $2 => $4.  Thanks for clarifying that it jumps it from $3.2 => $4.3. 

That's still a little bit higher of a cap factor than I'd been thinking, but I guess $4.3 isn't too much higher than the ballpark $4 I'd had in my head.  

My point, either way, is that $20 - $4.3 is still less than $20.  Obviously a cap-savvy poster like you already knew that. 

Just like a cap-savvy poster like you already knows that we don't have scads of new millions to sign scads of high-end FA's.  This money frees some really useful discretionary money. 

But Gute is still going to need to be very careful and very efficient with the cash he's got.  

5 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Wr things are his best trait. He's a guy you love to have on the field. Fights for each yard. He'd be our James Jones. He's certainly more talented than lazard. 

Since he's had to step up into the big boy role he's disappeared. hard to overlook that.